Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Nice, small Whippet, reasonable price.

Given that crazed out Whippet hype this lid went for an extremely low price. A real steal. I thought about bidding on it but decided that this is not the kind of hat I'd like to add to my collection at the moment. Actually, I'm still in downsizing mode.

I was a lot more inclined to bid on a taupe Borso that had lost its ribbon. Nice full 6" crown and 2 3/4" brim with cav edge. Again I decided to keep my money for other things.

$(KGrHqQOKosE10HS9mffBNnLDwcw7g~~0_3.JPG

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I talked to the seller. I asked the seller several questions about the hat and about their decision to drive the price up so high. The seller explained that, being new to selling on ebay, they did some simple research and had found some hats being sold at that price range. They seemed genuinely nice and eager to receive any advice on selling the hat, and admitted that the price was probably too high.

The price has been reduced now, although still kinda high for that hat [huh].

randooch

I'll Lock Up
I talked to the seller. I asked the seller several questions about the hat and about their decision to drive the price up so high. The seller explained that, being new to selling on ebay, they did some simple research and had found some hats being sold at that price range. They seemed genuinely nice and eager to receive any advice on selling the hat, and admitted that the price was probably too high.

The price has been reduced now, although still kinda high for that hat [huh].

Nicely done, Neo! I suspect it'll be lowered further when no one bids.

Tango: yes, I didn't take lightly my decision to unveil this extraordinary find.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
I just won this hat on Ebay, much to my shock, for $71.00. Since no one else was bidding against me, I have to wonder, is something wrong with this hat? What am I missing? I thought it would go for a couple of hundred.http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...34750&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_5563wt_1141

That is perplexing! It looks great. The only tiny thing might be a moth nibble visible in the last 2 photos, and maybe a light spot on the ribbon. Is that red string on the inside the original price tag holder? Pristine sweat, too. Had I seen that one, you'd have had more competition! Nice score.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff