Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Robert, Wow that is fantastic! The fold really works along with the vents and ribbon / bow. Is the fold functional (folding?) or just a design touch? What do you think on the dating?

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Robert, Wow that is fantastic! The fold really works along with the vents and ribbon / bow. Is the fold functional (folding?) or just a design touch? What do you think on the dating?

Looks like the pleat is decorative. Probably in the 1928-38 range-but speculative at this point.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Have it in hand now, the moth damage on the right side is actually all the way through the hat.....so, that's a little disappointing, but we'll see if the prescribed fedora lounge remedies can be of any help.

No tags on the inside of nothing on the sweat to indicate the model, only "Melorol," which I think has something to do with the felt?

quick rebash to a center dent. It's tagged as a 7, but the inside of the sweat says 7 1/8th, and it feels a little big. But for $10, can't complain too much.

You are now a member of the club. It looks good that way.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
!B8SDL5!CWk~$(KGrHqQOKj!EzJugmvIDBM2m4JIWn!~~_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190466763340&ssPageName=ADME:L:COSI:US:1123

That is sweet beyond measure!

gholla

New in Town
just won this Dobbs Twenty earlier this evening... I think I can see a blemish on the ribbon in the auction pics... i wont be able to judge if its cleanable til i have it in hand but it already has me thinking i might replace the ribbon with something new and a bit flashy.... im already looking at some beautiful antique ribbon on ebay....im thinkink maybe a dark purple, or even pink! honestly, ive never seen a chocolate brown hat with a pink ribbon but i imagine it would look super slick... thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...z2v03r5whKkLBza54%3D&viewitem=#ht_4484wt_1141

Last edited:
My First Bowler

for less than $30, this seems like a good deal

still not the stetson I want, but it seems older. he says it measured 23" in inner circumference, so I should be safe. if not, I'll clean it up and pass it along to some one else in these parts ;)

I received this yesterday, surprisingly fast shipping. the hat is nearly immaculate a few stains on the ribbon that should come off with a damp cloth. with the casket liner and being harder than my western, I'm assuming it's older but it fits great. need to do more research on bowlers around here but it's more "english" i think with a smaller brim, incredibly tight curl in on the sides and almost flat on the front / back. the auction said that it was from his wife's grandfather's estate, but I found a staple in the hat in the sweatband (the hard way) and it look suspiciously like the staples they use at the local goodwill to put price tags on items. but either way for less than $30 shipped, I'm happy as all giddiup.

now to put it with my suit to see if I can pull off the look that I wanted it for.

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer

I don't have the link anymore... There was a "Whippet" up that ended last week. When the seller listed it there was only one photo of the outside and size not clear but probably around 7 1/8. I watched it anyway. Checked again on the last day and photos had been added showing the "Whippet" logo on the liner. Since there were no bids I put $52.50 on it. One bid outdid me and the winner got it for $53.50. I was hoping somebody here won it but haven't seen any crowing so I guess not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy