Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
LOL. I have to admit, it was kind of Vulture-ish how I bid on it. I saw it, and my mouse finger had a mind of its own and just left clicked on the buy it now. Before I knew what happened, I bought the hat. The hat fever has really taken me lately. Ive checked, to this day, there is still no known cure for fedora-itis.

The only cure I know of, which works, is "bid low and stay low." I've saved myself a ton of money doing that.

:)

Justin B

One Too Many

Justin B

One Too Many
Thanks. I'm going to try and snap a few pictures this evening to show my...swelling collection. Still looking for a replacement for my poor Stetson that got killed by a rogue hatstand.

Justin B

One Too Many
Just realized after looking through the new hat thread who keeps beating me on the hats I've been bidding on...

Stop it Josh!

LOL. One of us is going to have to change hat sizes...

scooter

Practically Family
Man, I am so bummed. I just barely got outbid on the Strat, 7 3/8 LO. I have been looking so hard for a nice Strat and came so close on this one. Winner beat me by $2.50 in the last 4 seconds. I thought about upping my bid with 3 or 4 minutes to go, but decided not to. I'm still kicking myself.

Edit: If anyone here beat me to it and would consider selling for any reason, please let me know. Hope I'm not violating any etiquette by saying this.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Green Borsalino went for plenty o' green

Nice 7 1/4 green Borsalino with an unusual stitching design. Sadly, not mine. :eusa_doh:

$(KGrHqMOKjUE1nBUinUVBNrJkvnPcw~~0_12.JPG

$(KGrHqIOKo8E1qi0HjCLBNrJk2bUuQ~~0_3.JPG

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Winner beat me by $2.50 in the last 4 seconds. I thought about upping my bid with 3 or 4 minutes to go, but decided not to. I'm still kicking myself.

Don't kick yourself too hard, Scooter. One thing we all learn around here is that all that $2.50 means is that the guy won by one bidding increment. It doesn't mean that's what his maximum bid was. He could have bid $300 for all you know.

The lesson here is to bid the max amount you'd be willing to spend. Oh, and use a sniper. ;) Good luck in the future!

Cheers,
Tom

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Man, I am so bummed. I just barely got outbid on the Strat, 7 3/8 LO. I have been looking so hard for a nice Strat and came so close on this one. Winner beat me by $2.50 in the last 4 seconds. I thought about upping my bid with 3 or 4 minutes to go, but decided not to. I'm still kicking myself.

Edit: If anyone here beat me to it and would consider selling for any reason, please let me know. Hope I'm not violating any etiquette by saying this.

Hats are like buses. Another one comes around every five minutes.

RBH

Bartender
don't kick yourself too hard, scooter. One thing we all learn around here is that all that $2.50 means is that the guy won by one bidding increment. It doesn't mean that's what his maximum bid was. He could have bid $300 for all you know.

the lesson here is to bid the max amount you'd be willing to spend. Oh, and use a sniper. ;) good luck in the future!

cheers,
tom

wise words!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy