Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
folks like us HAVE to have a support group of enablers somewhere (if that's not a contradictory statement in the first place)! Embrace it, Terry-- won't be over anytime soon :)

HatsEnough

Banned
Just got a Penny's Marathon with a really nice ribbon treatment. But, the funny thing was, the previous owner put stick-on baindaids under the sweatband as a stuffer!! Never saw that one before, I have to say. Left all kinds of sticky goop on the inside of the sweatband when I removed them. (Photos after I clean it and stretch it a bit.

HatsEnough

Banned
Well, here is the Penny's Marathon that came with the bandaids under the leather sweat acting as stuffers.

I duly got rid of the stupid bandaids!

Anyway, I really like the ribbon. Also, the color is a silverbelly-like color but has undertones of a greenish hue to it.

The thing is a bit stained here and there, but, not too awful. It was less than $30 anyway, so not too bad at all.

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I really do apologize to anyone who I may have upset making this deal.......

Tracy
Congratulations on a nice hat. I was just curious, not bidding on it. Way too small for me.

I'm too thick to get the hints, so I don't know whose yard/arm that is. That's okay. Hope all
are happy with the deal.

red71veloce

Familiar Face
Very happy...extremely happy....what's beyond extremely.....awesomely happy! The hat is just a beauty! I still don't know which lounger I bought it from, but he was a most pleasant gentleman to deal with.

I know......I know........pics. I'll get some up soon, but I'll admit it is my least favorite part of forum life........but duty and all......I know.

Really a beautiful hat....best of show in my collection!

Tracy

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I'm bidding on several real nice hats on Ebay (hint-don't drive the prices please - LOL). There is a very nice JCPenney fedora in 7 5/8 that will fit me like a glove, a beautiful McAndrew and a nice almost mint Dobbs Grey Felt Long Oval that would be a nice "dress" hat. I'm locked in and just waiting. If I get them I get them but I don't go crazy on Ebay. It's easy to get caught in the heat of the bidding and pay way too much for something. I'll post them if I get them.

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I have a beautiful "Supreme Felt" JCPenney Marathon that looks a lot like a Whippet that I love. These hats are underrated (especially their upper end hats). I'm bidding on another Supreme Small Brim Fedora on Ebay right now to go with the one I already have. My Marathon is in mint condition and I'd wear it anywhere with anything. I got it from a member here but Ebay is also turning into my friend.

Well, here is the Penny's Marathon that came with the bandaids under the leather sweat acting as stuffers.

I duly got rid of the stupid bandaids!

Anyway, I really like the ribbon. Also, the color is a silverbelly-like color but has undertones of a greenish hue to it.

The thing is a bit stained here and there, but, not too awful. It was less than $30 anyway, so not too bad at all.

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats