Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I just got this one with a BIN. (listing photos)
7.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

8.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Pretty good for a typical hat of its size, and about half of its Whippet price. This isn't nearly the story of Mr. Lucky's $28 Whippet.

Justin B

One Too Many
I'm sure Josh will be posting it soon. (And knowing him we'll all be jealous after he does a quick brush and steam that shows it's actually in perfect shape.)

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I'm sure Josh will be posting it soon. (And knowing him we'll all be jealous after he does a quick brush and steam that shows it's actually in perfect shape.)

LOL, this one wasn't bought by me. After reading the auction description, I think it will take a bit more than a steam and a brush to bring this one back to life. The auction said it was a 5 1/2 inch crown and a 2 inch brim......a have a couple 50's hats with those dimensions. After wearing these tall crowns lately, even the 5 1/2 inch open crowns seem low to me....[huh]

HatsEnough

Banned
I just found an odd... all I can call it is a device... in a hat I just got in.

Inside the hat, under the sweatband, I found a piece of stiff, spring steel covered in a sleeve of knitted cotton. It is 21 inches long and about 1/8 of an inch on the flat side.
The steel has about 5 little pointed tabs poking through the cotton sleeve to grip into the hat body. When I found it, it was fixed under the leather sweatband at the base of the hat. There are no marking on it at all. Just the 1/8 flat steel inside the cotton sleeve.

I've never seen anything like this in any other hat. What does it do? What the heck is this thing?

Justin B

One Too Many
I just found an odd... all I can call it is a device... in a hat I just got in.

Inside the hat, under the sweatband, I found a piece of stiff, spring steel covered in a sleeve of knitted cotton. It is 21 inches long and about 1/8 of an inch on the flat side.
The steel has about 5 little pointed tabs poking through the cotton sleeve to grip into the hat body. When I found it, it was fixed under the leather sweatband at the base of the hat. There are no marking on it at all. Just the 1/8 flat steel inside the cotton sleeve.

I've never seen anything like this in any other hat. What does it do? What the heck is this thing?

Picture?

Also as a side note, who won this http://www.ebay.com/itm/150665364619?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 anyone here?

Last edited:

Justin B

One Too Many
No idea what it might be. Best guess would be some sort of device to keep the hat stretched?

So you're the one...Alright, guess I have to be mad at you now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner