Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
#1 Grandson to get a proper hat

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stetson-Hat...xse2fgDzBtBIek/HGNJ0iNo=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
Little Man has earned his new-to-him Stetson. Since his dad has deployed to Afghanistan, he has had to be the man of the house.
42932327548510256855313.jpg

Mystic

Practically Family
Congratulations, Mystic! 6 3/4, eh? You lucky, lucky man.

Thanks, Randooch.....I'll take all the lucky I can get....

After a lot of unexplained weight loss last year and buzz cutting what hair I have left....I went from a 6 7/8 hat to a 6 3/4.

AND...old people do shrink :rolleyes: lol

Last edited:

Mystic

Practically Family
yep, that's a fortunate headsize! Should buy some of my caps (hint hint)

Hey Baron and Monk,

I have been replacing my now to big hats with a more comfortable 6 3/4 this year. Downsizing on a frugal budget.

I have found 6 3/4 size to be like the larger hat sizes....There is not that many to choose from and the nicer ones usually have stiff competion in the bidding. Deals can still be found...but it takes a lot of fishing and patience.
6 7/8 was a much easier size to buy.

Last edited:

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.

I have been "out of action" for a month or so regarding having any new hats come in, my Wife and I have had to obtain a larger "down state" house as we do not get up to our place up North much now, (we acquired her 91 year old Mother who has to live with us now)...so shopping for hats has been on the back burner and I was running out of storage room for them...but now...I have an entire spare bedroom with no one in it, and two walk in closets with plenty of shelf space for well, what else, hats! Weeee! My dear wife got me this nice old stock never been worn Resistol Open Road style hat. The owner says it has been in the box since 1967, never worn, has original sales slip and hat shop information. Not that I needed another Open Road style hat, but heck, when can you ever have enough hats? I am waiting for a hat from Randall, actually two now......hahaha, and am thinking of ordering a Borsolino as I need a black fedora now, benchcraft has some nice ones at a decent price....

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Nice job, M0nk.

I'd have given you some competition, but I have the same hat already. Looks to be a great Whippet and you obviously got a great deal!!

m0nk

One Too Many
Nice job, M0nk.

I'd have given you some competition, but I have the same hat already. Looks to be a great Whippet and you obviously got a great deal!!
Thanks... it's always tough to find nice hats in my size, but when they're available, they're fairly available. :D

Hi Folks

Great looking hat Monk. Is the crown 6ins? or is that the total length of the hat?
Added bonus to also have the hat box. I have seen the box alone bring $10-$15.00 US.
I hope to fine a beauty like that in my size someday soon.
Enjoy.

Best regards
CCJ

It's very weird. I sold an almost identical one on ebay in size 7 (even ina bit worse condition) just 2 days ago for $130, with 3 bidders. i just don't get the eBay marketplace. It's so variable. Almost like there're a significant number of "impulse" buyers of quite expensive things out there.

But I don't get your point. Are you saying you find difficulty finding size 7 vintage hats? This seems unreasonable.

Thanks... it's always tough to find nice hats in my size, but when they're available, they're fairly available. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran