Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
Smoothie's First Law: "The sum of vices is constant" lol

Yes indeed! I am a sucker for cashmere and silk for the colder months.

I won this silk 1930s hats a few days ago. It will take a while to get here because it is coming from France. These types of early 30s hats are so hard to come by since people wore them until the wheels came off during the Depression but these short brimmed slouched hats are my favorite, even more than a cloche. Even more amazing is that it is made of silk, all my early 30s hats in my collection are either wool, felt or straw so this is a first!:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171187225912?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
Not very familiar with the Dunn & Co. dating, but it looks to be on the pre-40s side.

d110.jpg

d210.jpg

d310.jpg

d410.jpg

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Justin - they're difficult to date, but I'd put it at very early 50's from the lack of GA on the liner, but it's inclusion on the sweat. From what I can gather they dropped the GA from their name in the 50's. Nice hat anyway!

Justin - they're difficult to date, but I'd put it at very early 50's from the lack of GA on the liner, but it's inclusion on the sweat. From what I can gather they dropped the GA from their name in the 50's. Nice hat anyway!

It could be WII era related as a counter to Austrian Velour. GA Dunn also sourced Austrian Velours from JHS.

fedoracentric

Banned
Someone trying to get some money then.

It is a bit odd to think that you can buy a hat for $130 in an auction that had only 3 bidders and then think you can get $500 for it a week later! I think someone is dreaming. I actually bid on that but wouldn't go over $110. After all, it is for a tiny little kid! Still, it is a pretty cool example for the era and the celebrity cowboy not to mention that it was personalized. Neat hat. But not any where near $500 neat for me! LOL

Walt

One of the Regulars

Crazy high asking price...I'm wondering how it got from the buyer of that auction to the current seller as the original seller, buyer and current seller are all different people. Unless the current seller used a different account as that buyer...or there is a missing transaction.

Now if that was a hat that Mix had worn, especially in a movie, then it would be a bargain at that price!

Mystic

Practically Family
Hi guys,

Hope every one had a nice Christmas and maybe a even a couple of new hats.

I'm in need of unbiased Lounge wisdom and experience. I am asking this here rather than on ebay because I trust the people on the lounge more than on ebay or PayPal.

I have recently understood that a Paypal balance cannot be transferred to a debt card used for PayPal even the debit card for the checking account used on PayPal. The balance can only be transferred directly to a checking account using pertinent account numbers and information.

In your wisdom and experience is this a good idea or a bad idea to give out that checking acct info? Is it any more risky that putting up your debit card number?

I have a separate checking acct. and debit card for online purchases only that I keep a very minimal amount of money in.

Any experience and input would be appreciated.

Old Buzzard

New in Town
Hi guys,

Hope every one had a nice Christmas and maybe a even a couple of new hats.

I'm in need of unbiased Lounge wisdom and experience. I am asking this here rather than on ebay because I trust the people on the lounge more than on ebay or PayPal.

I have recently understood that a Paypal balance cannot be transferred to a debt card used for PayPal even the debit card for the checking account used on PayPal. The balance can only be transferred directly to a checking account using pertinent account numbers and information.

In your wisdom and experience is this a good idea or a bad idea to give out that checking acct info? Is it any more risky that putting up your debit card number?

I have a separate checking acct. and debit card for online purchases only that I keep a very minimal amount of money in.

Any experience and input would be appreciated.

I have transferred into and out of my checking account for 8+ years thru PayPal, never a problem.
OB

SR-71

New in Town
Picked this up on eBay today... Cool story behind The hat, if true, but I thought a nice older Stetson would be a nice add. I have never seen this liner before. I think this is a full western vs. open road, but still worth a shot for the price. Story was that this is a WWII soldiers personal hat sold in an estate sale and showed the letter where he was recommended for a bronze star. I just thought it was cool and the price was right.

bb331dd03be772407cee1456a16caaeb.jpg

b08c87058c160b6cb4ef2a2576190780.jpg

59b3cd1059e01400e045da25b2de8f44.jpg

736ae87de5efecf0ed0beee8b2a1f8a9.jpg

Last edited:

SR-71

New in Town
The Last Drop liner is one of the most iconic liners Stetson ever used or licensed.
Thanks!

This one looks embroidered then they went to silk screening. Good looking lid...
I really like the way this liner looks. Was not sure of the possible age, my newer Stetson's liners are definately printed with different colors.

Mr.Astor

Banned
Pretty cool catch in my estimation! Enjoy your foresight,would have never thought of that! That's what make's this place enjoyable! Innovation from one person's perspective!!!

Reflect on your present blessing's of which all men have many,not on your past misfortune's of which all men have some!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran