Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

fashion frank

One Too Many
I have to say thanks to the gang here at the lounge , I was feeling pretty good about myself after I dropped the hammer on this hat, as long as there isnt a bidding war going on you can snipe some really good hat on free bay pretty easily.

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

DanO

One of the Regulars
I shaped the brim with a little more curve, with water and then a wet rag and an iron. The pinch had the beginning of some damage so I coated it on the inside with some clear silicon fabric glue also, set a couple of clear pieces of plastic tube in the pinch area for future support.

fashion frank

One Too Many
Won this cloche a couple of days ago. Was shocked to see it go for $62. I believe the seller listing it as a 20 circum. is what lowered the bidding activity but my trained eye spied something on the hat that leads me to believe the seller measured incorrectly. Can't wait until it arrives:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flapper-Hat...EyhOd8btSQUVrTIk3LlvI%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Wow I thought I was paying alot for hats ,Holy Cow your style of hays ae not cheap at all ,more power to you for having the guts to lay out that kinda scratch.
I was looking at the other suggested hat's in the e bay look and they are all up there in price .
Congrats and hats off to you, pun intented :eusa_clap

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

yttclothing

One of the Regulars
I just won 5 hats all were simply listed as mens hat vintage although I did spot the words stetson de luxe which is not so common in the uk, it seems as if the seller was clearing an estate , I'll get the photos when they arrive but all were user £10 so fingers crossed .. I do love a gamble

yttclothing

One of the Regulars
Got this one at the starting bid price !
I can't imagine I over paid at the total was £16.99 shipped, did anyone else see this one and decide not to bid ? If so can I ask why? Seemed fairly cheap for a big name.

Stetson Derby

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fantastic shape that one.

That was my thought too.

That one looks nice Rick. If the photos are accurate, looks like a pretty gray color.

I hope so, I nipped the photos from the auction & ran them thru Photoshop color balance, auto tone, contrast correct & co. & they came out much less warm. Your algorithms may differ. [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou