Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I have been exceptionally well-behaved all month, but $43 all in for a Marathon 5X whip stitch was more temptation than I could take.

Only my second Marathon, but I like my first one very much.

Not the most impressive find after all these exceptional hats that have been shown the last few pages here, but the price tag is worth celebrating.

And I wouldn’t mind a whip stitch beater, either - both of the others I have (one Dobbs, one Knox) are still in too good a shape for active wear.

IMG_9607.jpeg

IMG_9608.jpeg

I have been exceptionally well-behaved all month, but $43 all in for a Marathon 5X whip stitch was more temptation than I could take.

Not the most impressive find after all these exceptional hats that have been shown the last few pages here, but the price tag is worth celebrating.

And I wouldn’t mind a whip stitch beater, either - both of the others I have (one Dobbs, one Knox) are still in too good a shape for active wear.

View attachment 575042
View attachment 575043
Tremendous. Great find Nathan. Wouldn’t have been able to resist either!!!

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 575042
View attachment 575043
I wear my best hats all the time. I feel that having something precious locked away and not using it is almost the same as not having it at all.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up

Brent pointed me to that one just before I saw your post...
As you said, it is an interesting hat, and I love MacLachlans, but I already have three very similar Macs. One a 60, one a 100, and another 15...
On top of that, I just bought the Tatton Baird above, and am feeling stingy.
P. S. This one is a 50s hat, not 30s, and it's a 7 1/8, not a 7 1/4.

Screenshot_20240101_205434.jpg
Screenshot_20240101_205458.jpg
Screenshot_20240101_205643.jpg

Last edited:

Rumad

One Too Many

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
That seller had a total of (4) Tatton Baird hats for sale, all listed within ~30 min of each other.
Tatton Baird Beaver. I have seen Ken's, and they look nice, but didn't want to wait over 6 months and spend $950.
This one was only 175, so I went for it. View attachment 576081 View attachment 576082 View attachment 576083 View attachment 576084 View attachment 576086 View attachment 576087 View attachment 576088

Did you just nab the blue one too? I was checking it out and it vanished lol

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I wear my best hats all the time. I feel that having something precious locked away and not using it is almost the same as not having it at all.
I understand that attitude. When I say ‘too good a shape for active wear’ I mean I will wear it but I don’t want to sweat in it. That’s opposed to a beater that I don’t mind sweating in or handling with hands that have been working, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80