Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

funneman

Practically Family
Do you really think so Dinerman?

I know I have a Penny's Marathon Whippet clone that has the same size and color sweatband and it also has a price tag of $7.50. Somone here on the lounge put that one at 1953.

I just assumed that was the going rate for a hat in the early fifties.

But '30's, that's incredible. I've never owned a hat that old.

I hope you're right.

And by the way sir, you are one very sharp dresser. I've really enjoyed your hats and outfits.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
What makes me think it's that date isn't the sweatband color so much as the way the edge of it is pressed and that it's sewn direct to the felt. But I could be wrong.

In any event, it's very nice.

And thank you.:D

duggap

Banned

MattJH

One Too Many
duggap said:
It's just that a stingy is not quite as popular as a more regular sized brim. At least that is my observation.:)

From my observations, that pretty much only holds true here on The Fedora Lounge and among other hat-enthusiast crowds. The stingy brimmed hats sell and are worn far more often these days, if what I see being worn around Philadelphia is any indication.

funneman

Practically Family
Baron Kurtz said:
Naaah. Weren't ceiling prices a wartime thing? Or was it a great depression thing? I remember talk about sucha label before and i seem to recall it was a WWII-era designation.

bk

Thanks Baron, WWII-era would still be the oldest hat in my modest collection.

I'd be happy with it if it was made yesterday. It's just the color I've been looking for, and I got a pristine Knox box with it.

Thanks also, tonyb.

Fibo

New in Town
My E-Bay bargain

Hi everyone. I'm realatively new to this board and glad to see there are others who love Fedora's. I just bought my first vintage hat on ebay. I think I got a pretty good deal. A Bosalino for $30. What do you guys think? The braided band has to go but I like it. Does any anyone know if all vintage Boralino's were fur felt? The listing did not say it was. Here's a few pics.
bosalino1.jpg

borsalino2.jpg

borsalino3.jpg

Thanks for your input!

Stoney

Practically Family
Man, that is a very nice old hat. Look like late 1930s or early 1940s from the interior. It appears to have the velour finish as well. I would probably take the felt sweatband off and replace with a Grosgrain ribbon myself, just make sure that you keep the original. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Fibo said:
Hi everyone. I'm realatively new to this board and glad to see there are others who love Fedora's. I just bought my first vintage hat on ebay. I think I got a pretty good deal. A Bosalino for $30. What do you guys think? The braided band has to go but I like it. Does any anyone know if all vintage Boralino's were fur felt? The listing did not say it was. Here's a few pics.
bosalino1.jpg

borsalino2.jpg

borsalino3.jpg

Thanks for your input!

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I love mine, but it's hard not to think about posting it when you see that result. I'm not going to, but it is tempting.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fraud!

Fellow loungers, I'd like to make you aware of what I believe is a scamming seller on OFAS. Bartenders, I'm referencing a closed auction and a live one because it is the same item and is essentially stolen property at this point.

I purchased this Knox fedora auction #150270948469 and never received it, nor did I receive ANY communication. After reporting this to ebay and paypal, I still received no response whatsoever.

Browsing through the bay this morning, i found this item relisted as #260273470661 and though the seller ID is different than on the initial auction, the city of origin is the same as is the feedback similarities citing on multiple occasions that the seller does not repsond to emails and does not ship items in a timely manner, if at all.

I'd also like to point out that the brim of the hat in the new auction photo is bent in the same places as the prior auction photo.

DO YOU BELIEVE THIS TO BE THE SAME HAT RELISTED UNDER ANOTHER SELLER ID BUT BY THE SAME PERSON? OR AM I NUTS?

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats