Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

derby

New in Town
Baron Kurtz said:
I agree with this method of measurement. It tells you pretty much all you need to know since the circumference is directly related to these two measurements. Were i selling on eBay I would never give the interior measurement. Why? Because every time i measure an interior circumference i come up with a different number. Different enough to give a buyer a chance to send it back. With the two measurements quoted (across and front to back of the sweatband) above the buyer should know if the hat will or will not fit.

Maybe it's the buyers who don't qualify.

bk
Baron I know what you are talking about if you know the measurements for your size hat front to back and side to side it's pretty easy. It's alot easier with these measurements then somebody trying to measure a circle. I have bought several hats like this and all have fit perfect. When someone has know idea what you are talking about( circumference)

MattJH

One Too Many
Carter - Congratulations on the Society Club! I was watching it, but decided to skip on it only due to money.

This 7 5/8 Tyrolean (yes, another one) just ended as well.

carter

I'll Lock Up
I was surprised that the Society Club and the derby went for under $50.00 each. Sometimes you get the bear.

Glad I don't like those Tyros. I like the European hat pins but not those hats. Must be because I can't yoddle.

Selentino

One of the Regulars
A group of 3 hats. Two Rogers Peet 7 1/2. One Stetson Royal deluxe 7 1/4.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=020

I was in play on these up until the last minutes. I took them from 88.00
to 125.00 and some quick typing on someones part got the job done. Already scored this weekend with the vintage Dobbs so I was fine with it.
I was going to try to trade two of them anyway. I rally want a Strat and an old Champ.

Lon Goval

Familiar Face
carter said:

I emailed the seller requesting inner circumfrence and this is the reply I received:

"sorry I am not in my warehouse right now to measure it but from the picture with ruler I think that inner diameter is around 8" "

Carter, hope the size works for you.

I just spent my birthday wish on a refurb from Jimmy Pierce. I'm probably not allowed to open for week or so when it arrives.

Ralph

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Name that bash!
I was thinking "lazy boy", but I'm going with "traffic report."
IMG_0947.jpg

carter

I'll Lock Up
Why do I do these things

Lefty said:
Name that bash!
I was thinking "lazy boy", but I'm going with "traffic report."
IMG_0947.jpg

Yeah, I was thinking "Off-ramp disaster" :eek: myself. Good thing it was cheap. Especially since the seller thinks the diameter is 8" which would make the circumference slightly more than 24". [huh] Well, it ain't an exact science and the data is suspect but the outcome could be....?

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
carter said:
Yeah, I was thinking "Off-ramp disaster" :eek: myself. Good thing it was cheap. Especially since the seller thinks the diameter is 8" which would make the circumference slightly more than 24". [huh] Well, it ain't an exact science and the data is suspect but the outcome could be....?

For $11, you can't go wrong, even if it turns out to be a size 8. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John Frum