Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Levallois

Practically Family
Got my Nutria

A couple of photos of the hat with some period accoutrements. Hat is both soft and tough - hard to describe - very comfortable on my head - could become my favorite knock-around hat and also be used for cowboy action matches.

John

NutriaHat003.jpg

NutriaHat005.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Hankachif?

That's got to be the lamest term for lightweight that I've seen.
Even with the name, it's a nice hat.
click

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
I couldn't agree more, Lefty. When I saw that name I googled it, and found some ads using the name. I can't believe Dobbs actually went with it. I had that one on my watch list, but forgot about it. Too busy posting liners, I guess...[huh]

Cheers,
JtL

cookie

I'll Lock Up
astaire said:
Thanks Carter. No apology needed, you're among friends here.

Regarding the adrenaline rush, i think of it as regular cardiac excercise we subject ourselves due to this vintage hat fascination. lol

Keep your rush I'll keep sniping...FWIW

carter

I'll Lock Up
It was the latest thing!

Lefty said:
That's got to be the lamest term for lightweight that I've seen.
Even with the name, it's a nice hat.
click

At least the seller got in the game. They were selling a....
"DOBBS FELT FADORA VINTAGE STYLE HAT 7 3/8 BRN HORNE CO".

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Here's a Crofut & Knapp Derby I took a gamble on today.

b303_1.JPG

Barring some miracle, it's not going to be my size, and I don't know how much of it is still original, but for $9.99 (plus shipping) I was willing to gamble. I've been wanting a C&K Derby of any size just for my collection and research. Who knows, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Brad

carter

I'll Lock Up
I'm looking forward to more pictures!

Brad, That is a fantastic buy! Crofut & Knapp, clear Argentine nutria, $9.99! Fit or not, that is the Buy Of The Day ! Congratulations! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I was watching that one. You certainly got it cheap. Hopefully it will be a "wearer" and not just a "displayer".

Levallois

Practically Family
Pulled the trigger on this one even though I'm not supposed to buy anymore hats - couldn't help it - supposed to be from the 1930s and it had "the look." Anybody have a Miller Hat from Denver? What do ya'll think? Thanks!

John

a090_1.jpg

a40d_1.jpg

MattJH

One Too Many
carter said:
I'm the guilty party on the Flagship. ;)

Show it to us when you get it!

At the risk of possibly crossing a personal line that I intend to be complimentary rather than abrasive - judging by the quality and quantity of your latest acquisitions, I hope to have the wealth you have someday! You've amassed an extraordinary collection in just these past few weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy