Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

carter

I'll Lock Up
A Pride of Coneys

Tom, Beautiful Portis! Can't wait to see it on.

tinmanzzz, Congrats.....I think. You must have a hareraising collection. Hopping you enjoy this one! :D

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Tom-n-Perris said:
I recently scored this little beauty on Ebay a Grey Portis.

f880_1.jpg
That is beautiful!!:eusa_clap On my monitor it's got a nice tint of blue to it.:)

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
Wow. I've got to see that on you when you get it. You're certainly a brave man.

We've got regular, satin finish, long hair, and now braidable finishes.
Next, you have to move to this
ip015900.jpg
, and from there, it can only be a wig.
Take the braids off and I would wear that for work!:D Just needs bluelights...lol

stibbons

New in Town
Akubra Renmark

Just scored this 60cm (7 1/2) Akubra Renmark. Digging around for info on it led me to a thread here talking about the Cavanagh edge Akubra are putting on these. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

2940803483_177b801295_o.jpg

2940803485_4c3bcfa3fa_o.jpg

This is my first vintage hat. Kind of feels like I'm officially addicted now. :)

MattJH

One Too Many
tinmanzzz said:
The Devil Made me Do It :eek: :eek:

6195_1.jpg

That's basically the ugliest hat I've ever seen, ever. It's amazing.

I play guitar and it reminds me of the Gretsch Beast. It is aesthetically offensive and sounds like heaven.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
indycop said:
Take the braids off and I would wear that for work!:D Just needs bluelights...lol

If you've ever been to or know much about Amsterdam, you'd reconsider those blue lights with that hat. (be sure to read the second last paragraph ;))

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Aww, come on. It's not like it's taken over his entire head...
wait...
aaahhhh!!!!!
fg20080222nca.jpg

Dumbjaw said:

I play guitar and it reminds me of the Gretsch Beast. It is aesthetically offensive and sounds like heaven.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this question, but it seemed as likely a candidate as anything. I've seen several of these crop up lately. It's a Bailey "Furlite," which is supposed to be a fur/wool blend. For ~$40 (shipped), it doesn't seem like a bad deal. I ran a couple of searches on the Lounge for these, but didn't come up with anything. Anybody got one of these? If so, how are they?

tinmanzzz

A-List Customer
JEALOUS

Dumbjaw said:

Dumbjaw, your just Jealous because it has three things your hats don't have:
A Brim and a brim and a brimmmmm ;) ;) ;)

carter

I'll Lock Up
It's the WRONG Size!

I've been infected with dumbjaw's curse. :(
I won the auction for an Open Road a week or so ago. The seller advertised it as size 7 1/2. When it arrived, I was greeted with a size 7 1/8. Which is sad because this OR is a nice khaki color. The color in the photo is very close to the actual color. This OR is pristine except for some discoloration of the liner.
The seller has offered a full refund if I return the hat to him. I paid $56.00 plus shipping.
If anyone on the lounge wants this OR, please send me a PM. I'll send it to you for $50.00 plus shipping.
2729_12.JPG
2b28_12.JPG

36f6_12.JPG
3b6f_12.JPG

randooch

I'll Lock Up
yet another wrong size.

dumbjaw, i empathize! just got one advertised as "larger size, 23 inches" then it gets here, and it has a sewn-in tag saying "medium" and measures barely 22 3/4. can't wear it. why can't sellers be more honest? do they look forward to a bunch of shipping/refund/relisting woes? i'm perplexed.

sigh.

britishink

New in Town
Any info on ROSOLLINO???

I just won this and it was cheap, I like the style and color but know nothing of the maker....any information will be gratefully received, thank you.

LABEL READS: QUALITA SUPERIORE ROSOLLINO MILANO

MYENIER CHAPEAUX PARIS MAISON LENAT FOXBOURG ST.DENIS

015-1.jpg

001-13.jpg

Unlucky Berman

One of the Regulars
Got this one yesterday. It is a Stetson, but I am not sure wich model. Does someone of you know what and when it was made? On the sweatband is Silverwoods Southern California written (I think Silverwoods would be the model?) and Ivy League at the front part of the band. Don't know if someone remembers the movie, but I thought when I first saw it that it looks like the hat worn by Morgan Freeman at the end of The Shawshank Redemption. [huh]

P1000951.jpg

P1000950.jpg

P1000949.jpg

It came this way, but I like it more when the brim has the nice bow like seen above.
P1000952.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Silverwoods is the store where the hat was sold. Ivy League is the model.

Here's an ad from 1955 for that model. You can see the several rows of stitching on the brim, just like on your hat.
c133_10.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou