Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Mario

I'll Lock Up
CRH said:
I should have known! I didn't bid on that lid. I got seriously distracted by this Stetsonian. My $176 bid was a loser.

I did, however find this BIN Whippet.

We seem to have a price point for good condition size 7 1/4 vintage lids...

Congrats on that Whippet!! One in every color, eh? ;) And the next Stetsonian is already waiting for you - watch out! :D

I just chickened out on another Whippet in my size that went for a mere $20. For one thing it looked a little bit too battered (especially the liner!) but it also reminded me a lot of the vintage Pilgrim I bought a few weeks ago. Just the same color combo and very similar proportions, so I deceided to hold back my horses for now and lash out at the next Whippet that comes my way.

!BeWTwBgBmk~$(KGrHqUH-DkErftM)PghBK80+vz72g~~_3.JPG

!BeWT9gwBmk~$(KGrHqMH-DkEre7Jqq1qBK81!Yedf!~~_3.JPG

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Mario said:
Congrats on that Whippet!! One in every color, eh? ;) And the next Stetsonian is already waiting for you - watch out! :D

:eek:

;)

!BeWTwBgBmk~$(KGrHqUH-DkErftM)PghBK80+vz72g~~_3.JPG

That lid reminds me of one of my early Fedora forays - $5.00 at a second hand shop. Those were the days...

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Cliff,

The Dobbs Gay Prince you won is from the '50s. Nice specimen. The Gay Prince is one of the iconic Dobbs models. I finally have one, soon arriving in the mail, too small to wear, and not a style I would wear, but I've wanted one for my research collection. It's an early one, so I'm looking forward to examining it.

Post yours in the Dobbs Diner when you get it!

Brad

Al Niente

Familiar Face
Lots of nice wins here. Congrats to all.

My fiancee liked this one and got into a bidding war (14 bids) this morning. I have a new vintage hat for Christmas. "new vintage"...does that qualify as an oxymoron?

The hat looks a bit green in the photos, but it is a steel grey with grey/kayki stripes.
318386522_o.jpg

318386803_o.jpg

318386897_o.jpg

Interested to see how much work it will need and IF I can see it before Christmas!:)

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Al Niente said:
Lots of nice wins here. Congrats to all.

My fiancee liked this one and got into a bidding war (14 bids) this morning. I have a new vintage hat for Christmas. "new vintage"...does that qualify as an oxymoron?

The hat looks a bit green in the photos, but it is a steel grey with grey/kayki stripes.
318386803_o.jpg

Interested to see how much work it will need and IF I can see it before Christmas!:)

Looks like a great gift, Al. The band is really sharp and brings some punch to the grey. I like it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael