Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender

jeffconnors

A-List Customer
Its tore up a little I will take a close look and decide when It gets here! Still would be an interesting venture too replace a sweat band some time...I see all kinds of hats I enjoy on ebay but they have the rope or thin bands that I'm not a huge fan of.
By the way, Nice to meet you diner man, I am also a halagonian, should meet up sometime for some serious hat discussion [huh]

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
jeffconnors said:
Its tore up a little I will take a close look and decide when It gets here! Still would be an interesting venture too replace a sweat band some time...I see all kinds of hats I enjoy on ebay but they have the rope or thin bands that I'm not a huge fan of.
By the way, Nice to meet you diner man, I am also a halagonian, should meet up sometime for some serious hat discussion [huh]

Check out this thread.
It seems you want a cotton/rayon mix, instead of a cotton/polyester mix so that you can "swirl" it, such that it is longer on one end than the other, so that it conforms to the taper of the crown of the hat.

Are you in the city?

jeffconnors

A-List Customer
Good stuff..Thanks for the helpful link!
I am in the city, well sort of I'm in the HRM, but, just outside of downtown, in the sprawl known as lw.sackville. I do frequent downtown 5 days a week for work. I will work on getting a few more post together and pm you my email.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mr. Paladin said:
Well, while I had expended my December hat money (by Dec. 2, as Gene reminded me;) ) I have now spent January and February's but I got a really nice green Stratoliner for the credit. I feel like the Federal Government, except I'm spending my own money and not someone elses', in advance!!! lol lol lol

Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130351412799&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT
WELL worth spending the advance Mr P! That is a sweet Strat. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Mr. P...

... that looks like one of the Johnnyphi hats. (I have one just like it in 6-7/8.) And, BTW, since the seller is keeping the pin... PM me! I should have a few more back from the foundry in a week or so.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
It's christmas time...lots of money going...well..somewhere...

Had I not spent this month's hat budget on that lovely Stetson Sovereign, I'd have loved to spend some more on this beautiful Dobbs, but alas...gone!

Darn! I love that color combo!

!Bgp)yMwBWk~$(KGrHqUH-CsEsL,gljoTBLGFEYQ6Eg~~_12.JPG

!Bgp)wOQ!2k~$(KGrHqIH-EIEsK7W1tc+BLGFERyIog~~_12.JPG

!Bgp)z2gB2k~$(KGrHqQH-CgEsJzPJ,dhBLGFEe!mv!~~_12.JPG

Mario said:
It's christmas time...lots of money going...well..somewhere...

Had I not spent this month's hat budget on that lovely Stetson Sovereign, I'd have loved to spend some more on this beautiful Dobbs, but alas...gone!

Darn! I love that color combo!

!Bgp)yMwBWk~$(KGrHqUH-CsEsL,gljoTBLGFEYQ6Eg~~_12.JPG

Wow that is a great color combo (binding, ribbon, felt)!

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mr. Paladin said:
Well, while I had expended my December hat money (by Dec. 2, as Gene reminded me;) ) I have now spent January and February's but I got a really nice green Stratoliner for the credit. I feel like the Federal Government, except I'm spending my own money and not someone elses', in advance!!! lol lol lol

Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130351412799&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Congrats, Mr. P. Looks like a fine one. Glad you landed it. And it's GREEN!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR