Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

XPLSV

One of the Regulars
barrowjh said:
The seller of the San Antonio emailed me, lamenting the hat was too big for him or he would never have sold it. He referred to it as 'minty' and a 'beauty' so maybe it will turn out to be a really good hat.

I am surprised that you could have landed a similar one, though maybe an upgraded version (more surprising still!), in a more popular size for so little money. OFAS is so wierd, sometimes the competition shows up, sometimes not.

I had that hat won for $102 with 3 seconds to go, then another bidder's snipe came in and popped me up to $150, so I am not the only sucker willing to bet stupid on it!

I'm trying to remember..I think I grabbed it as a Buy It Now. I saw the tag that said Extra Long Oval (wasn't in the description) and immediately snatched it up, as I recall. Figured if I didn't like it, I would just sell it with better photos. Turned out to be a super bargain!

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
rlk said:
Not mine
This lasted about half an hour. Who knows the real size(other than less than 7-1/4)?
!BmFfEL!!2k~$(KGrHqEH-EUEtp+cHe)BBLeV+lpIhw~~_12.JPG
!BmFi1cgBGk~$(KGrHqIH-CgEtq02t1+LBLeWOi2!Cg~~_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170446731355#ht_500wt_1182

I don't know - it might be close to 7 1/4. The blue liner and mention of original hat box got my trigger finger moving, plus that sweatband looks '20s or older.

Turns out the "box is Resistol - I resist all boxes" not Stetson <=== sort of a phonetic palindrome.

m000m000

One of the Regulars
I considered that one, but decided that I really don't need any more brown hats even if that one was on the lighter side. If I'd known it'd go for only that price I might still have just been temptated, though :p.

Stoney

Practically Family
ScottF said:
Nice hat - looks like Emerson's answer to the 'Playboy'. I realize that the 'small noggin' game is a bit different, but $33 seems very inexpensive for that hat.

The hat needed some work, clean reblock and either replace the sweatband or sew a reed onto the existing one. Since it was small and not in good condition, i thought it would go for less.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran