Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

CRH

Call Me a Cab

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Dobbs Twenty Homburg

I didn't really expect to win this, but I cast a line in anyway at the last minute; I need a "formal" hat on occasion. Wish I'd had time to ask my usual condition questions, hopefully I won't be disappointed.

Artie

Suspended
Just picked up a Whippet for 41$. It's going to need some work, I'm going to have to stretch it to a 7 and give it a good cleaning but looks like a good deal for the money.
//cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390150765701&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Pilot99

Familiar Face
My fourth fedora and my first Stetson! Royal Stetson dark grey, I love it. It is in great condition, just needs a good cleaning as it is a bit dusty from storage. Definitely a victory in my opinion.

img1382a.jpg

img1383i.jpg

img1384g.jpg

img1386e.jpg

img1387tg.jpg

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Marc Chevalier said:
Plenty of vintage 1930s newsboy caps are still flying under eBay's radar and going for low prices.
Let me know if you see an interesting one at 7 1/2 or 7 5/8.
All the ones I see, including those in your link are just too darn small.

Stan

A-List Customer
Scored a grey Bond

Hi,

Bond was a dept. store that had hats made for them, as opposed to a hat mfgr. There's no way of knowing who did make this one, but the reputation is that Bond did not buy cheap stuff.

I can't wait to see it in the fur, as it were. :)

I have this idea that changing the hatband, which looks like it's seen enough of this life in the eBay photos, for one in the 'Glen' color might be just the ticket here. If that color doesn't work, I have others. :)

The rest looks like a pretty easy cleanup. I needed a hat in a darker grey. My others are all what I refer to as 'grey silverbelly' which is a very light shade.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170450895896&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

later!

Stan

rlk

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
Just arrived. Was it common for bowlers to taper outward like this? I bought this to filch the liner for a fedora, but it's a beautiful hat that I'll be wearing as-is:

!BmNWfyQ!Wk~$(KGrHqQH-CIEtpvKevb0BLeztiE(Zg~~_12.JPG
I was kind of hoping that would happen.:eusa_clap

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
Just arrived. Was it common for bowlers to taper outward like this? I bought this to filch the liner for a fedora, but it's a beautiful hat that I'll be wearing as-is:

!BmNWfyQ!Wk~$(KGrHqQH-CIEtpvKevb0BLeztiE(Zg~~_12.JPG

That's called a belled crown, and was an English style that American manufacturers offered as an alternative to their standard straight-sided crowns.

Glad you're wearing the hat! It's a beaut.

Brad

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Brad Bowers said:
That's called a belled crown, and was an English style that American manufacturers offered as an alternative to their standard straight-sided crowns.

Glad you're wearing the hat! It's a beaut.

Brad

Thanks Brad! It looks even better in person - very clear strong stamps, $10.00 price tag, feels fantastic on my head. I'm going to assume it's my new lucky bowler, and will wear it in a pressure situation Wednesday :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats