Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Artie

Suspended
How many hats do you own? Or at what point does obsession become compulsion. At what point does a hobby become covetousness. When does the acquisition of hats that don't even fit us become hoarding. The same half a dozen people make up 90% of the posts here. many of you already own over 100 hats. To what end?

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Artie said:
How many hats do you own? Or at what point does obsession become compulsion. At what point does a hobby become become covetousness. When does the acquisition of hats that don't even fit us become hoarding. The same half a dozen people make up 90% of the posts here. many of you already own over 100 hats. To what end?

That's what my wife wants to know! :p ;) lol

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Ephraim Tutt said:
I was watching that one climb into the stratosphere until it vanished in the clouds. Silly price really.

I comforted myself with the knowledge that I picked up a Stetson Whippet yesterday for AU$26.

More on that when it arrives.

That's gotta feel good! :eusa_clap :D

DapperDuck

Familiar Face
Ephraim Tutt said:
I was watching that one climb into the stratosphere until it vanished in the clouds. Silly price really.

I comforted myself with the knowledge that I picked up a Stetson Whippet yesterday for AU$26.

More on that when it arrives.

I wanted that Whippet badly. I bid more than I should have and was still sorely outbid. I'll have go Whippetless or scour thrift shops till I can get a deal.

Congratulations on your find.

rumblefish

One Too Many
DapperDuck said:
I wanted that Whippet badly. I bid more than I should have and was still sorely outbid. I'll have go Whippetless or scour thrift shops till I can get a deal.

Congratulations on your find.

Ephraim Tutt said:

Patients,,, right?;)

At 7 1/8 size I'd say that price is a bit ridiculous.
As it went up, I showed my wife, and said "I have four of those. None were over $50.00":p

fluteplayer07

One Too Many

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Brad Bowers said:
Not mine (I wish it were), but how 'bout this Crofut & Knapp size 7? Pretty hefty price, but it's early '30s, and has that C&K cachet that's become much coveted these days.

Brad

I'll let you know how it turns out. Couldn't resist this one.

Spellflower

Practically Family
ScottF said:
I have a hat just like yours Parkleigh (high crown, shorter brim), and a Fed IV Deluxe - both are the same fawn color. I get IJ comments about the old one, but not the new one. I think it's because people are used to seeing the IJ hat which looks closer to modern fedoras, as does the Fed IV. That '30s look is kind of stunning (in a good way), and people look twice.

I dunno, Scott, I seem to get IJ references no matter what brown fedora I'm wearing, from Akubra Fedora to Stetson Whippet.

When I stumbled into Hats Direct's shop in Katoomba I'd never heard of the Lounge, but I loved the Federation. I almost didn't buy it though when the sales clerk noted its IJ connection.

Now I don't worry about it, since most people don't see any difference between one brown hat and another. When someone says I look like IJ, I just say "thank you".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats