Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Eddie Bauer G-1

budrichard

Familiar Face
I collect Eddie Bauer down coats made in the USA or Canada.
I just found this commercial G-1 Eddie Bauer jacket(no down). It is labeled a size 46 and is exactly my size. All the features of the commercial G-1 jacket are there and it is in excellent condition. I'm thinking '70 or 80's vintage because of the size labeling and tagging. I looked long and hard for an Eddie Bauer G-1. I also did not find any comprehensive thread for G-1 jackets.-Dick
EB3.jpg

EB4.jpg

EB1.jpg

Fiver64

Practically Family
Eddie Bauer jacket

I used to live in Columbus, OH, near the Eddie Bauer warehouse. Used to find many such treasures at often rediculously low prices. I always like EB leather thickness, though I doubt they really make their own (I could be wrong) jackets and leather goods. Nice jackets, for the money, but certainly not cut in the original G-1 way. The sleeves tend to bloused for more contemporary look and feel. Still, congrats on your find!

budrichard

Familiar Face
I specifically searched for a commercial Eddie Bauer because of the sizing and the jacket fits me very nicely.
Reading all the current Threads about G-1 jackets has caused me to wonder who might have made this jacket for Eddie Bauer?
How do I tell what the collar material is?
The jacket itself appears to be goatskin leather, at least to me. but I don't know of a way to differentiate between other materials.
I don't collect leather jackets, so this is my only one. It does have the appropriate features for a commercial G-1.
Thanks for any information.-Dick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran