Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edward Green Shoes

GateXC

One of the Regulars
Last week I finally received my pair of made-to-order Edward Green shoes and thought I'd share them. They are superior to everything I was expecting. The most comfortable shoe I've ever put on (and they're not even broken in)! I've only worn them with a grey glen plaid suit thus far, which looked fantastic, but still have several others that they'll work with (2 grey pins and a blue chalk) that I can't wait to break them out with.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
The Brits and EG shoes

Just when you think no one could improve on a half brogue - EG takes it to the max! Wonderful - glad you are enjoying them - 202 last perchance?

The Shooman

Practically Family
Nice shoos indeed.

l want to special order some captoes in navy blue. Not so keen about the $1,500 ASD price tag though. Sooo much money for a machine constructed shoo.

GateXC

One of the Regulars
They're the 82 last - which is also the shape of the trees.

Oh and the color is called Edwardian Antique.

kools

Practically Family
I'm going to pretend that shoes this nice do not even exist. I will go on convincing myself that my Allen Edmonds are the best shoes made on earth. To be honest, I would feel strange even looking at, let alone talking to somebody about, shoes that I know I will never afford. As if I didn't belong in the shop.

Gherkins

New in Town
kools - consider yourself lucky. AE are much more versatile than EG. You look perfectly ok wearing AEs with Jeans or Khakis - EG usually work only with suits IMHO.

Gherkins

New in Town
I *would* consider them if I would like norwegians. Sadly enough I simply don't like that style. And when it comes to Derbys, Oxfords or Monks, the EG's are a bit too elegant I think. And I've tried it several times.[huh]

Will

One of the Regulars
Gherkins said:
I *would* consider them if I would like norwegians. Sadly enough I simply don't like that style. And when it comes to Derbys, Oxfords or Monks, the EG's are a bit too elegant I think. And I've tried it several times.[huh]

I wear Norwegians with khakis, and if you don't like Norwegians I agree with you. You'd need to like a model in their country shoe range to wear with khakis or jeans.

jcbc

New in Town
Edward Green RTW

Aren't there EG RTW shoes, as well? What are everyone's thoughts on those? I live near Sky Valet, which I believe carries them.

Will

One of the Regulars
jcbc said:
Aren't there EG RTW shoes, as well? What are everyone's thoughts on those? I live near Sky Valet, which I believe carries them.

You can buy more than half a dozen EG models RTW at Sky Valet.

The challenge comes in after your first pair or two. Retail choices are limited. A basic shoe wardrobe of seven or eight pair cannot be accommodated from the stock of any EG retailer I know of anywhere in the world.

MTO, you can obtain any of a hundred basic styles on any of half a dozen lasts, in any of a dozen leathers. As your shoe desires grow, it's an addictive way to satisfy them.

Barry

Practically Family
jcbc said:

Howdy, neighbor! I'm a very short walk from Sky Valet. They do have them and it's a great shop.

Barry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot