Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ELMC Californian -vs- Simmons Bilt Tailgunner?

ELMC -or- Simmons Bilt?

• Total voters

lina

Practically Family
Giving it a test ride on the Moto Guzzi:

IMG_6624.jpeg IMG_6625.jpeg IMG_6628.jpeg

Edward

Bartender
So, I ended up getting the ELMC, which just arrived today. It’s a gorgeous jacket to my mind, and the leather’s actually in better shape than it appeared in the pictures. (the seller told me that he had sent it to Dena at great leather to condition before selling it.)

I really like it… but… I am afraid it might be too tight for me. It is definitely small for a contemporary 44, really more like a snug 42. According to the measurements, it should work for me, and perhaps it will. But I find the cut similar to what is often the case with Aero jackets for me, which is that there is plenty of volume in the torso, but because of the way the front panels are cut it ends up being stretched tight across the chest.

Anyway, I’m not giving up on it yet; I’m going to try it out for a little bit to see
If I can live with it. But if not, you may see it pop up on the classifieds page..

Pics:
View attachment 517795 View attachment 517796

Fit looks great, just maybe not one for much layering. My leathers tend to divide into those intended for wearing over a sweater, and those that will never see more than a shirt, or maybe a shirt and waistcoat, underneath.

lina

Practically Family
I learned somewhere on the board that the jacket was modeled on the one worn by Jack Nicholson in the 1967 movie Hells angels on wheels, so I watched the movie the other night to get prepared for it. The movie was pretty bad, but the jacket was great! And some nice footage of lots of 1960s-style chopped HD’s and Triumphs.
IMG_6630.jpeg IMG_6629.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy