Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ELMC's new line …

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Kind of a fashion vibe. Like something you'd see Jimmy wearing over his shoulders walking to school purchased from Target.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
friday-damn.jpg

havocpaul

One of the Regulars
I can only think it is the Japanese market these new lines are aimed at, the extreme prices match those of Real McCoys and The Few so the Japanese must pay those prices. Hard as it is to be critical of them creating this motorcycle range and expanding the business and products, I do hope they aren't neglecting the flight jacket range, they apparently already postponed the anticipated USN M-444 previously announced. I enjoy motorcycle clothing too but cannot justify these prices, and the heritage and styles offered by Lewis Leathers seem more appealing IMO.

Justhandguns

Practically Family
I can only think it is the Japanese market these new lines are aimed at, the extreme prices match those of Real McCoys and The Few so the Japanese must pay those prices. Hard as it is to be critical of them creating this motorcycle range and expanding the business and products, I do hope they aren't neglecting the flight jacket range, they apparently already postponed the anticipated USN M-444 previously announced. I enjoy motorcycle clothing too but cannot justify these prices, and the heritage and styles offered by Lewis Leathers seem more appealing IMO.

I agree. They are actually facing huge competitions on both fronts of motorcycle jackets and flight jackets. I am not even sure even if the Japanese would like to buy moto-jackets from them unless they already learn about the brand from their military jackets. Unless they are doing either collaboration or OEM for their partner Buzz Rickson, there is no way local buyers will opt for their jackets. For the Japanese, motocycle jackets means Schott, Vanson and Lewis.
I suspect that they are just selling off-the-rack ELMC jackets to some semi-independent high fashion stores in Europe and the US.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic