Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

empire hat block company

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Incorporated in 1917, but long since gone, I'm sure. Only one or two places I can think of still make hat blocks.

Brad

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Like everything else in the hat business, they are long gone.There is one true blockmaker left here in the US called La Mode. They are located in the midwest . Otherwise , you need to look in Italy, or England. In Europe it is still done.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Aaron, that is a very nice site. I didn't know that you managed it. People should look at the prices on some of the hat stores in England. Its almost double of the prices here in the USA!

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
N0000000000OOOooooo !

The final paragraph of this Time magazine article from 1969 will break your heart... "But Harry Glasgall, founder of the Empire Hat Block Corp...has just burned a couple of thousand (blocks) for lack of space.

Aaron Hats

Vendor
besdor said:
Aaron, that is a very nice site. I didn't know that you managed it. People should look at the prices on some of the hat stores in England. Its almost double of the prices here in the USA!

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

Yes, I bought it a couple years ago just days before it was to be shut down. I didn't do much with it last year but I have high hopes for this year. I'm already receiving lots of interest since doing our first mailing for renewals and new members.

Aaron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran