Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engaged, with complications.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Happy news! I am engaged now, to my girlfriend, Stella. Some of you will remember her as Canyon, a mostly-absent member of this very forum (among others).

What's so complicated? Well, she lives on another continent. Plans are forming to change that in the near future, but as many probably can guess, such things are rarely simple to handle.

But never mind. The day I came to doubt so very much is now within sight. :D

3649669682_e95435d2f1_b.jpg

Photo by our friend D.Thoris

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
congratulations12ot2.jpg

I am very happy for you both!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Nothing is impossible if you both want it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two continents not a complication but an opportunity to blend your lives with very interesting twists..:) :)

Viola

Call Me a Cab
As an American engaged to an Australian I know those particular complications well... but before commiseration on that score, I must, first and foremost, wish both of you a mazel tov! Best wishes!

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Congratulations! It is wonderful that we live in a time when great distances are easily diminished. One can now find true love in far-flung locations, rather than having to settle for local pickings!

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
MississippiLong said:
Congrats!!!! Now..down to business..what are the make and model and year of those 2 fine adventuring fedoras.
lol lol lol Only on the lounge...

Thank you everyone. We have started our research, and looks very complicated. But I think I'm just going to go visit a government office and get things explained, rather than trying to read legalese.

To answer your question, MLong;

On the lady, we have a very well lived in (and loved) Adventurebilt, vintage about 2006.
And on myself, an Optimo, custom made originally for the late Walt Rybinski (known as Sergei in some circles). Not sure how old it is, but that photo was taken when I got it.
(My Adventurebilt can be seen in the background. ;) )

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Congratulations, My Friends. :eusa_clap

If it's any consolation, there is no such thing as engaged without complications! It is in the process of melding your lives together that you will form bonds to endure a lifetime.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Hemingway Jones said:
It is in the process of melding your lives together that you will form bonds to endure a lifetime.

Well said, Hem.
So you met on the Lounge? Details, please!

Actually, no. Which is funny, because we were both members here, but never crossed posts at all.

After a year here, I join Club Obi Wan as well to learn more about Steve Delk. I ended up involved in their annual NY summits because I needed to get away and the timing was right. I met her at my second summit, where we quickly became friends. Then, like a rolling boulder, things went from there to here! :D

ladybrettashley

One of the Regulars
Congratulations and good luck!!

Which reminds me of the movie i watched last night (Gilda), in which it was said that you are not to congratulate the bride. Congratulate the husband, and tell the bride "good luck"! lol

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Happy for ya, man. Make it last!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou