Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

art89b

Familiar Face
i promise to take better pictures soon, with a good camera. These are my White's in Natural Chromexcel and the other in a Navy Blue Horween leather. Im planning on ordering another pair of nomads very soon, this time Burgundy Chromexcel with double leather midsole with 705, perhaps convince them to make the instep straps longer for me too. I wear a 13D
WIN_20150611_163724.JPG WIN_20150611_163741.JPG

kyboots

Practically Family
i promise to take better pictures soon, with a good camera. These are my White's in Natural Chromexcel and the other in a Navy Blue Horween leather. Im planning on ordering another pair of nomads very soon, this time Burgundy Chromexcel with double leather midsole with 705, perhaps convince them to make the instep straps longer for me too. I wear a 13D
View attachment 30745 View attachment 30746

Hey Art tell me what you thnk about the Whites with Natural Chromexcel. I was thinking about a pair on Ebay. 13D. thanks

art89b

Familiar Face
Hey Art tell me what you thnk about the Whites with Natural Chromexcel. I was thinking about a pair on Ebay. 13D. thanks

Are you talking about (WhitesRiver) on ebay? I bought my first pair of Nattys off them too, they have an identical second pair not selling on ebay =(. To be quite honest i wish the leather was a bit thicker. They are gathering patina extremely fast, and after a coating of obenaufs they started looking more like the distressed colorway. out of context I wear 13D on smoke jumpers and for some odd reason they fit me a bit larger than my other 13D white's boots, there is some heel slippage, too. i thought adding a thick leather insole made by me would fix the problem, but it didn't. Maybe both pairs were made custom for a customer with a slightly wider heel. My opinion would be to order through Bakers, and wait 5 weeks like I did for my other White's boots. *Unless you're on the bigger side side of 13, maybe they can work like a glove for you.

Last edited:

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
View attachment 30745 View attachment 30746

They look great! If you ever want to move the navy boots let me know, they look great.

art89b

Familiar Face
Thanks Bunyip, I really love engineers, i think i might hold on to these for a while, i even want a pair in burgundy, soon hopefully and eventually a black pair more of a vintage look.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Bunyip, I really love engineers, i think i might hold on to these for a while, i even want a pair in burgundy, soon hopefully and eventually a black pair more of a vintage look.
I'm in the same boat. I have 2 pair already, and 2 more planned!

kyboots

Practically Family
Are you talking about (WhitesRiver) on ebay? I bought my first pair of Nattys off them too, they have an identical second pair not selling on ebay =(. To be quite honest i wish the leather was a bit thicker. They are gathering patina extremely fast, and after a coating of obenaufs they started looking more like the distressed colorway. out of context I wear 13D on smoke jumpers and for some odd reason they fit me a bit larger than my other 13D white's boots, there is some heel slippage, too. i thought adding a thick leather insole made by me would fix the problem, but it didn't. Maybe both pairs were made custom for a customer with a slightly wider heel. My opinion would be to order through Bakers, and wait 5 weeks like I did for my other White's boots. *Unless you're on the bigger side side of 13, maybe they can work like a glove for you.

That is correct. Ebay exactly. thanks for your input.

smoothsailor

One of the Regulars
Thanks mendelboaz, compaired to the role clubs I would say. These are roomier and softer due to the leather. No issues at all breaking them in. The role clubs were a bit of a strugle to break in. They are two different boots the role clubs are petite , it was weird at first to see them on my feet after wearing the lofgrens. And now it works the other way around. The lofgrens look big and lump after wearing the role clubs.
I came to realise that each boot has his aperance. I have all kinds of theories about that but that would be much to go on about.
All in all both Great boots.

Mocht ik in Deventer zijn dan geef ik een gil, en andersom als je in groningen bent gil ook even

Dickie Teenie

A-List Customer
I finally landed back in the States and had these Wesco 2nd's waiting for me. Very happy with them and with the $250 price delivered I'd be in for more boots if you guys don't beat me to my size. The defect is in one boot being 1/4" shorter in the shaft and a little dimple about 2" in front of the counter, you can see how minor it is in the picture. An odd build with the shoe green stitching which is used in the Iron Heart olive Wesco builds, the sole stitching is khaki. morrison2.jpg morrison.jpg

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
I finally landed back in the States and had these Wesco 2nd's waiting for me. Very happy with them and with the $250 price delivered I'd be in for more boots if you guys don't beat me to my size. The defect is in one boot being 1/4" shorter in the shaft and a little dimple about 2" in front of the counter, you can see how minor it is in the picture. An odd build with the shoe green stitching which is used in the Iron Heart olive Wesco builds, the sole stitching is khaki. View attachment 31323 View attachment 31324

That's a great score! I'm 2 weeks into another ridiculous Wesco wait.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Those are really good looking and will wear forever. Nice to get such a deal on Wesco. I was watching a wonderful pair of 16in. Wesco lace ups and of course waiting too long and missed them. You really scored here.
It's the quick and the dead on that sale page. I saw a great pair of steel toe Jobmaster in black that would have been a great pick up for $238usd. Went and had a coffee with a mate, got home and they were gone. 45minutes from being advertised to being sold. I won't make the same mistake twice!

pawineguy

One Too Many
It's the quick and the dead on that sale page. I saw a great pair of steel toe Jobmaster in black that would have been a great pick up for $238usd. Went and had a coffee with a mate, got home and they were gone. 45minutes from being advertised to being sold. I won't make the same mistake twice!

I check once every week or two and I'm sure I miss some great boots. Every time I try to be sensible and think it over for a few minutes I have the same result as you... I have to just pull the trigger quicker, $250 for Wesco boots, how bad can that be?

Pushrod

One of the Regulars
New boots

My old Chippewa engineers have seen better days, I bought em brand new many moons ago, their like old friends, been with me thru thick and thin, I called Chippewa about gettin them rebuilt but they don't offer that service anymore, I had em resoled once a good while back. So I picked up a pair of made in the USA 18" tan Browining engineers at the Vietnam Vets Thrift shop a couple days ago and I figure I'll give the Chips a rest. I don't know how old these boot are but they were never worn when I got em.

boots 001.jpg

boots 004.jpg

boots 005.jpg

boots 017.jpg

boots1 003.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy