Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineer Boots, Harness Boots...

Can anyone ID these Harness boots? All I know is they're made in the USA.

1704798203.jpeg

1704798203.jpeg

1704798203.jpeg

1704798203.jpeg
1704798203.jpeg

Drzdave58

One of the Regulars
Well, yeah, in as much that they're both Harness boots but Sancho isn't made in the USA nor is it nearly as refined as those I posted.
I would guess earlier Frye or some HD model but I'd like to be sure before buying them.
If they were Frye there would be a stamp on the heel no?

Attachments

• IMG_3959.jpeg
    IMG_3959.jpeg
    273.3 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Marvin Berry

New in Town
Well, yeah, in as much that they're both Harness boots but Sancho isn't made in the USA nor is it nearly as refined as those I posted.
I would guess earlier Frye or some HD model but I'd like to be sure before buying them.
I agree, I've been adding to my Frye collection recently, and those look like Fryes to me, especially the writing on the leather inside the top.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Took delivery of a pair of Frye john addison engineers. They don’t work for my feet but i think they were a good boot for the money.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Anyone with MR lou size 9-10 anble to measure the shaft circumferance at the top with the strap cinched such that the boot gussets meet?
just curious. My new addict are really narrow (which is great for me). I know lou is supposed to be narrow as well.

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
I like those. How is the instep fit? What is tough? Stiff leather/midsole?

I would say the instep area is ( at least when new) very tight. I had continued difficulty in getting my foot past the heel counter/shaft.. and in general the leather was really stiff.

I had to break down and buy this monster to make-em comfortable...

1707771724243.png

better pic of The shorter shaft

IMG_7285.jpeg

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
The Flat Head “Shorty” engineers in HH…
View attachment 589647
I’ve had these for at least a year, hands down the toughest break in yet….

nice. I have a pair of Chippewas with a similarly low shaft (I think they might even be notionally women's boots, as they are fractionally narrower in fit than my full height ones). It's a nice alternative to a full length boot sometimes. Especially in the Summer when it's wet and the leather boot is a plus, but the shorter shaft up the trews makes all the difference in the lower leg not getting too clammy. I've always got half an eye on the idea of a sorter pair like his with a backzip for convenience at airports. (In Summer I always fly in penny loafers, but those have their limits in the coldest months.)

AHP91

Practically Family
Does anyone own a pair of the Chippewa by Real Mccoys horsehide boots? There's a pair I'm looking at that might be my size, not entirely sure how they run.

Edward

Bartender
Anyone have any experience with Loblan harness boots - the 295 model? I've received a pair in the post, not sure if I should return for a size up. Once on they seem to be a decent foot-fit, but they're tricky to get on, and I had a real struggle to taken them off myself. My short Chips were like this tile they broke in ,so not sure if this is just a break-in thing or I need to size up? Don't want to leave it too long so I can still exchange if possible...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner