Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Etsy

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
I was in retail for 20 years and a manager for 10 of those. It is absolutely foreign to me how a person can click "buy" and not IMMEDIATELY pay. That's what "buy" means...I want, I buy, I pay, You give. I don't get the nonsense.

I can understand an auction that ends when you may not be home/available to pay, but on Etsy the buyer dictates the point of sale moment. It reminds me of the days I'd have a $5000 designer ring in my vault with a promise to buy that never came to fruition. In the meantime, I might have lost another potential sale because it was removed from display. Makes me want to spank those non-paying Etsy buyers.

Etsy merchants....whatever changes they make, please, oh please make sure they accommodate Paypal Echecks. It's the only way I fly these days!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
*sigh*

The person whose order I canceled finally sent the money order, with an apology. I went and re-listed the patterns already, but they havent sold yet. Should I just go on and mail them to the person, or return the MO. I kinda need the cash though...

LD

New Etsy buyers

I get a lot of sales from brand new etsy buyers. I don't mind this and I am more than happy to help them out with the process. However my gripe is that Etsy has the option that that they can select to receive an email when they have an etsy convo waiting or not to. So in other words, if they don't select the email and I convo them, and they don't check etsy, I don't hear back from them. Even when I email them directly more often then not my email gets pulled by their SPAM filters. :rage: This is really frustrating. I think them getting the email from etsy on a convo should not be optional.

I have even recently convo'ed a SELLER and have yet to hear a word back.:(

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
23SkidooWithYou said:
Etsy merchants....whatever changes they make, please, oh please make sure they accommodate Paypal Echecks. It's the only way I fly these days!

Really? I cant stand Echecks.. what is the reason you like taking them? I think they are just dreadful. I am always SO upset when someone purchases my goods with one.. ugh, then I get to wait 10 days to get paid..
When it would be so easy for them to just set up their bank account the right way, and save everyone some time lol

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
exquisitebones said:
Really? I cant stand Echecks.. what is the reason you like taking them? I think they are just dreadful. I am always SO upset when someone purchases my goods with one.. ugh, then I get to wait 10 days to get paid..
When it would be so easy for them to just set up their bank account the right way, and save everyone some time lol

I was referring to paying with them as a customer, not accepting them.
I guess I like the "discipline" factor because, unlike credit cards, I can't spend more than I have in the bank! Maybe I'm not talking about the same thing? My Paypal is linked directly to my bank account but it still takes like 3 days for the funds to clear. I thought that was an echeck. Am I wrong? Does it really take Paypal 10 days to relay the funds to the seller? As I said, I usually have a ship notification in 3 days that my funds have been deposited in the sellers account.

I would never be upset, nor advise a seller to ship a darn thing before funds clear, be it Paypal, paper check, money order, whatever. Too many

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
lol I know, right?
I'm not sure what you have that takes three days... usually it takes 7-10 for echecks to clear with me. But that said, I'd rather get an echeck than a money order :) Saves me a trip to the bank!
I totally feel ya on the no credit cards thing! I use paypal for every possible thing I can, and my debit card in real life :)

exquisitebones

A-List Customer
I got my first front page feature on Etsy in the middle of last night?!!?!!! :eusa_clap
Just thought I would share cos I am FREAKING excited! I have ever been on the FP before :)

December

One of the Regulars
exquisitebones said:

I use e-cheques every time. I don't have a credit or debit card so I can't set my bank account the "right" way. I can transfer money to Paypal via online banking (although I can't even do that right now as my bank has messed up!) but that takes 14 days, as opposed to 7 with an e-cheque.

So they really are the only option for me.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
exquisitebones said:
I got my first front page feature on Etsy in the middle of last night?!!?!!! :eusa_clap
Just thought I would share cos I am FREAKING excited! I have ever been on the FP before :)

Cool! How does that work? Do they let you know?

LD

pdxvintagette

A-List Customer
EEEK!!

I'm all giddy this morning, because one of my items got featured in the Etsy Voter!

It's sort of big deal, since the Voter replaced the gift guides, and the top product when voting closes gets featured in the Storque. So for the "winner" it means double exposure. I would LOVE to have your votes - it is my red and white "Snow White" dress. (User ID is fabgabs, of course!) You can vote here:

Etsy Voter: Best Dressed

Is this okay to post here?? I hope so! Do wish me luck!

23SkidooWithYou

Practically Family
VintageBaubles said:
I'm glad to have found this thread..... While I'm rebuilding my VB site, my Etsy shop is where I'll be listing most of my new wares--vintage apparel from the 30s through the 80s, lovely lingerie, jewelry, bags, shoes, home decor items. Right now I don't have a lot listed, but will continue to load up!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/MyVintageCocktail

Ladies,

I've shopped with MyVintageCocktail on Etsy and had a wonderful experience. (My fabulous Little Bird Dress with the shelf bust is from there!) Great, detailed descriptions, great communication and if she needs to, this seller will stalk the USPS like the tracking comando she is! lol

Anne...It's so nice to see you here! You should post to the lounge more often! I'll be watching the shop for updates.

VintageBaubles

New in Town
"Skidoo," thanks so much for the vote of confidence! Now that I've visited the powder room (I've been on the hat forums mostly), I'll be sure to stop in more. I see a lot of folks I "know" from the VFG here, too. Great to see "old friends."

if she needs to, this seller will stalk the USPS like the tracking comando she is!

You got that right--the post office is never gonna get the best of me! I stalked them all the way to Utah a few weeks ago and headed off a potential mis-delivery! And speaking of postal near disasters, Foofoogal, if you read this, hello from Anne (formerly of Annie's Attic), from whom you got the Easter outfit that almost got lost a few years ago. If I recall, it was too cold down your way to wear it, so late delivery wasn't a problem....

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thats it! No more mailed payments. My only canceled sales have been money order payments! I have learned my lesson, PayPal ONLY! *huff*

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo