Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ever eat at the GOLDEN CORRAL buffet & grill?

green papaya

One Too Many
I tried the Golden Corral last Sat for lunch for $8.67 plus tax [no drink] I usually just drink ice water with my meals

they had a pretty good variety and it was more diverse than what they serve at the Hometown buffet I usually go to

the Golden Corral was a nicer restaurant and the prices are about the same as other buffets.

The fried chicken was made better, the pieces were bigger, and crispy on the outside and nice & juicy, tender on the inside, not dry or over cooked

since fried chicken is one of my favorite foods I always try the fried chicken first

they also had Southern style foods like black eyed peas, greens, fried catfish, Louisianna dirty rice

barbecue chicken, rotisierri chicken, baked chicken, chicken fried steak & gravy

liver & onions, fried chicken livers, meat loaf, mini cheese burgers hot off the grill

it's fun to eat in a cafeteria type restaurant once in a while

HeyMoe

Practically Family
every time we go to North Carolina (I run a non-profit down there so it's a minimum of twice a year). Good chow that doesn't cost much. I like that they are constantly changing the food out.

Darn it, now I am hungry!!!

Alex

Practically Family
I've never been impressed with Golden Corral. But then again, I'm not a huge fan of buffets.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
...a huge fan of buffets.

Hi Alex, HUGE fan of buffets, that's funny. Air Capital Gun Club's monthly meetings are held at the Exciting Golden Corral Buffet on the West side of Wichita. The Omelet lady is popular, pretty much anything with a couple of eggs. You have to get their early, or the "huge fans of Golden Corral" will crowd you away from her. Breakfast is about $7, and lunch about $9. Good filling, but not really high quality food. It seems that you're not doing your duty as an AMERICAN if you leave a buffet before you're about to barf.

Later

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
"I'll have some o' the yeller'..."

I've never much cared for them. Mediocre food for the most part, unless you sneak in ten minutes before the dinner starts and pay the lunch price. The steaks taste so much better getting them for half off...

I went to G.C. for a Sunday breakfast/brunch in a party of 3. It was $40 for the three of us. Madness, even if it is all you can eat.

I had no idea they were so wide spread. I thought it was just a Michigan thing, because I've only seen two; one in Port Huron, and one closer to where I live in the Metro Area.

kyboots

Practically Family
Not The Place I would take a Date

Golden Corral is good basic fare that is not overpriced. Had one in our small town then, 20 years ago and it was very popular. My Dad loved it! It's pretty hard to be critical when a steak dinner only cost 8 bucks.--John

Last edited:

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Not The Place I would take a Date

Hi, wow, this thread has taken on comedy value. I guess taking a date to Golden Corral depends a great deal on who you're dating. If you're dating a marathon runner, or a female Sumo wrestler, then it's probably great. Otherwise...

I'm over 40 and married so I don't think about dating much anymore, but I don't remember taking el wifo to an all you can eat place (except Chinese buffets) when we were dating.

:D

Big_e

Practically Family
Golden Corral is good eats. The fish, salads and their pies are great but I like the food to be brought to me.
I like to sit at the bar/counter so I'm more of a diner person. Especially if it's an old diner. The older, the better.
Ernest

Last edited:

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
I have been to a few Golden Corrals across the United States. I was in an Army unit that had the habit of stopping at Golden Corrals when returning from training exercises at other locations.
I always felt bad for the employees of those locations. Roughly 200 people arriving at their location at once, it must have made things difficult for a bit.

Dennis Young

A-List Customer
I tried the Golden Corral last Sat for lunch for $8.67 plus tax [no drink] I usually just drink ice water with my meals

they had a pretty good variety and it was more diverse than what they serve at the Hometown buffet I usually go to

the Golden Corral was a nicer restaurant and the prices are about the same as other buffets.

The fried chicken was made better, the pieces were bigger, and crispy on the outside and nice & juicy, tender on the inside, not dry or over cooked

since fried chicken is one of my favorite foods I always try the fried chicken first

they also had Southern style foods like black eyed peas, greens, fried catfish, Louisianna dirty rice

barbecue chicken, rotisierri chicken, baked chicken, chicken fried steak & gravy

liver & onions, fried chicken livers, meat loaf, mini cheese burgers hot off the grill

it's fun to eat in a cafeteria type restaurant once in a while

Oh absolutely! Especially with the way prices are now. I ate lunch at an olive garden a few weeks ago and paid for two lunches. $50!
Listen, that’s just too much.
Yes, I’ve eaten at Golden Corral and its pretty good! We used to have one in Tuscaloosa but no longer. But there are some kinda nearby. I love cafeteria style. Good food, good prices. Sometimes ya have to get there early to get the food when its fresh though.
We have a Ryan’s Steakhouse here that is similar and the prices are about the same. J

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
There are a few Ryan's Steakhouses linger around in Georgia as well. I recall visiting these establishments a fair bit when I was still on elementary and middle school. My parents definitely enjoyed the benefits of an all you can eat while trying to raise 3 sons. I can only imagine what a benefit it is for those who have more than 3 children.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo