Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Evil Denim Los Angeles

Speed - how did it fit compared to your normal size - since you have one? Also, looks like you've washed it - how did that affect the sizing?
Looks great. I think it's a deal at the price!

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
ButteMT61: Since I planned to wash my jacket I chose a bigger size (42) than normal and it shrink back to a regular 40 for the shoulder and length. I would say it shrink a little more for the sleeves.

And you're right for the price it is a great jacket. I wanted to buy a Lee Cooper but the price stopped me. Evil Denim is a great alternative.

majormajor

One Too Many
ButteMT61: Since I planned to wash my jacket I chose a bigger size (42) than normal and it shrink back to a regular 40 for the shoulder and length. I would say it shrink a little more for the sleeves.

And you're right for the price it is a great jacket. I wanted to buy a Lee Cooper but the price stopped me. Evil Denim is a great alternative.

Hi Speed

Could you measure the pit-to-pit and the length, now that you've washed it? Thanks;)

Edward

Bartender
Do the jeans shrink similarly? I'm tempted by a pair (in the absence of Freddies not offering my beloved 40s model without braces studs.... sometimes I just want to wear a belt...). How does the 12oz denim wear? Anyone able to compare it directly to Freddies?

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
The measurement are in centimeter.

Pit to pit : 55cm
Across shoulders : 48 cm
Waist : 48 cm
Back Length : 56.5 cm
Sleeves : 55cm

nabottle

A-List Customer
I received my size 48 Evil Denim Jacket on Saturday, June 28. I tried it on and it was a little big as I expected, so I washed it in cold and dried it. When I removed it from the dryer, the bottom button had completely broken off. I tried the jacket on and it fit absolutely perfect. So now, what to do about the button? I can fix it myself if I had a button, so I sent sneakytiki a message and as of right now, I have heard nothing. On a side note, the jacket did not come with tags as it was supposed to. It appeared to be new, but I must admit I am disappointed to say the least. I figure I would share this with everyone in hopes of preventing some possible future disappointment.

So now to find a suitable replacement for the bottom button.

Edward

Bartender
Worth giving it a little longer before fretting about a lack of reply... if they're a small-scale operation where everyone is involved in everything, it's not always easy to keep on top of emails. (That's what I find dealing with undergraduate students, anyhow!) I'd be interested what they say about the tagging. In the past, I've found that some small-scale companies when dealing direct (in person or by mail) don't tag their stuff in quite the way they might if putting it out to a reseller for stock. In some ways I kinda like that - feels like I'm getting it all the more direct from the person who manufactured it somehow - but I can also see how you might feel it's 'lesser' than having all the tagging we normally associate with new products.

Hope they come good on the bottom button, it's frustrating to have something go wrong with a new item.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Anyone else care to comment on fit? I take a (modern) size 50 jacket. Looks like these puppies go to "52",
which I am thinking will fit me, but I'm not sure. I don't mind washing in cold and hanging dry. Same for the
jeans- how close to Carhartt do they fit? TIA!

majormajor

One Too Many
Anyone else care to comment on fit? I take a (modern) size 50 jacket. Looks like these puppies go to "52",
which I am thinking will fit me, but I'm not sure. I don't mind washing in cold and hanging dry. Same for the
jeans- how close to Carhartt do they fit? TIA!

Read the thread. There are some quite specific posts re fit;)

nabottle

A-List Customer
I usually wear a 42 Short jacket. Based on the measurements listed, I ordered a 48. After I washed it in cold and dried it, It fit me as perfect as I could've asked for. At least, the way I like a jacket to fit. Some guys would say it was too long in the body. I am 5'9", my chest measures 42", and I weigh 180 lbs. I have no pictures yet. I just received word from the seller that they are sending me a few extra rivets to take care of my problem and as soon as I get it the button on, I'll take some pics. All in all, I think it is an excellent jacket for the money. But then again, that's just me.

majormajor

One Too Many
I did, and nothing answered my questions. Appreciate the comment, nabottle. Now I'm thinking they just
don't make one big enough for me.
The pit to pit size,shoulder width, waist measurement,back length and sleeve length for a specific size have been posted here.

How much more specific do you need?[huh];)

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The pit to pit size,shoulder width, waist measurement,back length and sleeve length for a specific size have been posted here.

How much more specific do you need?[huh];)
Wow, after reading the Kelso A-1 thread I can see someone got up on the wrong side of the bed.

BTW, anyone know why the Evil Denim folks say "salvage" denim, rather than "selvedge"? Is it, in fact,
salvaged from somewhere?

majormajor

One Too Many
Wow, after reading the Kelso A-1 thread I can see someone got up on the wrong side of the bed.

BTW, anyone know why the Evil Denim folks say "salvage" denim, rather than "selvedge"? Is it, in fact,
salvaged from somewhere?

It means the same. Maybe a language thing. I hope you got the dimensions now:D;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn