Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

It's been a fiasco. I'm just driving the pickup in the meantime (which may be sold tomorrow, then I'll really be effed)

I took the dash apart, figuring the radio went bad. The fuse blew and when I replaced it, the radio came back on, but made no sound. I went and bought a new deck and put it in, had the same problem.

I talked to a friend of mine who said that because I have 'Ford Premium Sound' from 1990, he would venture to guess the amplifier went bad. They're known to go in hot temps, and it was in the 90's yesterday. They're in the spare tire well in the back of the car, below the window, which is like a dang magnifying glass.

I had to special order one, because, obviously nobody carries them anymore. I was also given the little tidbit that the amp they used in that model only works with the stock head unit. We'll see if this aftermarket one is the same way, but I'd rather put the stock head unit back in anyways.

Think of it as motivation to get it done :D

It's been a fiasco. I'm just driving the pickup in the meantime (which may be sold tomorrow, then I'll really be effed)

I took the dash apart, figuring the radio went bad. The fuse blew and when I replaced it, the radio came back on, but made no sound. I went and bought a new deck and put it in, had the same problem.

I talked to a friend of mine who said that because I have 'Ford Premium Sound' from 1990, he would venture to guess the amplifier went bad. They're known to go in hot temps, and it was in the 90's yesterday. They're in the spare tire well in the back of the car, below the window, which is like a dang magnifying glass.

I had to special order one, because, obviously nobody carries them anymore. I was also given the little tidbit that the amp they used in that model only works with the stock head unit. We'll see if this aftermarket one is the same way, but I'd rather put the stock head unit back in anyways.

Ah, there is your problem! It's a Ford.
I had a similar problem with the Mustang this morning. The dang thing's volume was really low then when you turn it up it would buzz. It fixed itself later on in the day though. I guess it had Forditis.

You're not a woman, you don't get to blame me for things that aren't my fault!

Tom, you cursed me. Radio in the Jeep Jeep quit today on the way to work. I blame this upon you.

No, it's a gussied up Ford, AKA, a Mercury, the top of the line Mercury, too, the Grand Marquis Colony Park LS.

Ah, there is your problem! It's a Ford.
I had a similar problem with the Mustang this morning. The dang thing's volume was really low then when you turn it up it would buzz. It fixed itself later on in the day though. I guess it had Forditis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace