Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

I've heard of people licking the backs of poisonous toads for the hallucigenic effect of the toxin. Is that what Mr. Toad's wild ride is all about?

So a quick Google of toad licking revealed that just down the road a ways from me, in the bustling metropolis of Dothan, Alabama, they have a toad lick festival in April of every year. Among the line-up of heavy trip worthy acid music was none other than Merle Haggard. And in case things got too mellow they also had Molly f-ing Hatchet!!! But then, and this proves that at least somebody was tripping, the line-up also included REO double F-ing Speedwagon!!! Toss in a whole slew of super crappy "new" country acts, and there's a way to spend a weekend. Other than the two MHs, I'd need to be jacked up on toad venom to suffer through it.

Why all the hippie hate?:hippie:
MIM_Hippies_zpseb5de76d.jpg

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
They should bring back the E tickets.

Some people do not know about the "E" ticket rides. But back then you paid for a coupon book with so many tickets (A ticket, through E ticket), each one having a value for rides. We had a shoe box filled with unused tickets for years around here as my Husband lived about two miles from Disneyland when he was about 13 years old. Admission was from what he could recall, $12.00 for an adult, (with no ticket book) and children under 12 were free, but a package for either the larger ticket book was $35.00 with a lot of tickets or $25.00 with less tickets in the coupon book. You could buy a "ticket" from some booths inside certain areas, and the cost of an E ticket coupon all on it's own was $3.00 for one ticket.

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
So a quick Google of toad licking revealed that just down the road a ways from me, in the bustling metropolis of Dothan, Alabama, they have a toad lick festival in April of every year. Among the line-up of heavy trip worthy acid music was none other than Merle Haggard. And in case things got too mellow they also had Molly f-ing Hatchet!!! But then, and this proves that at least somebody was tripping, the line-up also included REO double F-ing Speedwagon!!! Toss in a whole slew of super crappy "new" country acts, and there's a way to spend a weekend. Other than the two MHs, I'd need to be jacked up on toad venom to suffer through it.

Coming from the daughter of a musician I can say: It's just a gig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart