Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
Driving Examiner: Congratulations, you passed your test.
Me: Thank-you! And thank-you for not making me parallel park!
Driving Examiner: That's between you and me. It's only because I couldn't find a place for you to do it.

:D

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
Anybody that knows me really well knows I can't parallel park to save my life! lol

On the topic of ducks, I saw lots of them yesterday. I went to the Los Angeles Arboretum, which is in Arcadia. It was really nice watching all the "wildlife". Squirrels, ducks (mallards and another one I can't identify yet), Canada Geese, one lonely white goose, and peahens (peahens is sure a really weird word btw). lol! It was kind of entertaining watching all the birds. Some ducks got really close to me. I was kind of worried that some of the birds would attack me, but they pretty much left me alone. One of the Canada Geese stopped to do it's business right in my line of vision (hey when you gotta go, you gotta go). There was also an interesting moment when two Canada Geese started hissing. At first I thought they were hissing at me, but they were hissing at the two nearby peahens! I also saw an interesting duck when I was there. It almost looked like it had a helmet on it's head.

Justin B

One Too Many
I also saw an interesting duck when I was there. It almost looked like it had a helmet on it's head.

Did it look like this?

WoodDuck2.jpg

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Anybody that knows me really well knows I can't parallel park to save my life! lol

On the topic of ducks, I saw lots of them yesterday. I went to the Los Angeles Arboretum, which is in Arcadia. It was really nice watching all the "wildlife". Squirrels, ducks (mallards and another one I can't identify yet).

Me neither. It's a miracle I passed driver's ed. lol

Were they black & white? The ones I live with :eusa_doh: are called Muskogies? Muskovies? Something like that...They have pink skin on their faces & legs/feet & black & white feathers. We've always called them ducks.

dnjan

One Too Many
Were they black & white? The ones I live with :eusa_doh: are called Muskogies? Muskovies? Something like that...They have pink skin on their faces & legs/feet & black & white feathers. We've always called them ducks.
Muskovie ducks are mean SOB's!

My aunt used to raise them, and they would chase us kids all around the yard, hissing at us the whole time.

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Muskovie ducks are mean SOB's!

My aunt used to raise them, and they would chase us kids all around the yard, hissing at us the whole time.

YES!! Not to mention disgusting! But, I found them to only fly at me when I irritated them somehow... :suspicious: You must have done something mean if they chased you.

I always did like how they got little mohawks when they were scared of something. :laugh:

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
When I was a kid my father and I were driving north from Chicago on Sheridan Road's twisty, hilly section called the ravines. The car in front of us swerved to avoid a squirrel and hit a tree doing around 50 mph. It was a woman driver and she went through the windshield. It was a bloody mess. The old man looked at me and said," Kid, just run 'em over." I said, "Got It!"

When I was a kid my father and I were driving north from Chicago on Sheridan Road's twisty, hilly section called the ravines. The car in front of us swerved to avoid a squirrel and hit a tree doing around 50 mph. It was a woman driver and she went through the windshield. It was a bloody mess. The old man looked at me and said," Kid, just run 'em over." I said, "Got It!"

Your father was a wise man.
Then I again, I swerve toward them..........:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen