Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excessive posting? ... Interesting.....

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
I have no idea. I really am no expert on some applications for pictures. I use some programs for design but really have never done much with the resizing of a personal picture.
Hmmm,..well my Corel has a tab named "image" up top, which when I click upon it brings up a drop down menu. On it is "resample", which is the function that resizes pics. Some programs as I recall merely call it resize in fact. From there you can shrink or expand images either by size in inches, or pixels.

Travis Lee Johnston

Practically Family
Damn he was hot!

Some guy told me I looked like him once, but I don't think he meant it as a compliment. Haha. I'll take it I guess, I've been called worse.

I have no clue how to make a picture of myself be smaller to fit on the avatar?

I just upload photos from my computer to my Photobucket account and it will resize them automatically when you copy and paste the link for the lounge avatar. It's very easy and I'm usually instantly confused on how to do this stuff.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Some guy told me I looked like him once, but I don't think he meant it as a compliment. Haha. I'll take it I guess, I've been called worse.

I just upload photos from my computer to my Photobucket account and it will resize them automatically when you copy and paste the link for the lounge avatar. It's very easy and I'm usually instantly confused on how to do this stuff.

Thanks I will try this out also....

Travis Lee Johnston

Practically Family
Yeah, the new camera I recieved takes very large pictures so they have to be re-sized for the lounge. My latest avatar I took with it and you could see the pores on my face and old shaving scars and things I didn't know I had. But for better or worse, the photos are very clear at least.

Flipped Lid

One of the Regulars
That's how I downsized my avatar. I upload all of my pictures to Photobucket. It makes it very simple to link to them.

rue

Yeah, the new camera I recieved takes very large pictures so they have to be re-sized for the lounge. My latest avatar I took with it and you could see the pores on my face and old shaving scars and things I didn't know I had. But for better or worse, the photos are very clear at least.

:rofl:

That's how I downsized my avatar. I upload all of my pictures to Photobucket. It makes it very simple to link to them.

That's what I do :)

Great avatar FL ... it's nice to "see" you :D

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I still need to get my camera figured out, it just needs for the settings to be set back to a default settings.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
There always seems to be this element of "how vintage are you" kind of thing, which I think is a bit unfair considering that not everyone has the money to buy vintage. :(

I don't think I have ever once come across this, but I hear about it all the time. I own few vintage pieces, especially to wear - I wear a lot of repro and vintage-inspired instead, so if anyone is thinking I'm "not vintage enough," I must not have noticed.

I was just thinking about how some of us here probably reminds one of different family member types so I came up with my version of the "FL Family Album."

AtomicEraTom and Rue -- The older brother or sister who raised all the other siblings.
C-dot -- The bright younger sister who's the family Favorite.
LoveMyHats2 -- The fun-loving uncle who belongs to a lodge. He always visits when the Shriners Convention is in town.

To be continued...

I like that :D In my blood-relations family, I am a bit of a black sheep.

I have no idea. I really am no expert on some applications for pictures. I use some programs for design but really have never done much with the resizing of a personal picture.

The easy way: Load your picture into Paint. Now, go to Image - Stretch/Skew - and type in the appropriate percentages. With a digital camera picture, 25% is usually sufficient.

Last edited:

Justin B

One Too Many
I was just thinking about how some of us here probably reminds one of different family member types so I came up with my version of the "FL Family Album."

AtomicEraTom and Rue -- The older brother or sister who raised all the other siblings.
C-dot -- The bright younger sister who's the family Favorite.
LoveMyHats2 -- The fun-loving uncle who belongs to a lodge. He always visits when the Shriners Convention is in town.

To be continued...

Makes me wonder where I fall in that familty.

Guess I need a new pic, huh? Better get to work on that... :p

Promises promises....

A lot of folks knock those who don't wear real vintage, it seems. However, they don't realize that if you're bigger than the average person was then, it's hard to find vintage that fits you. Being a larger guy, I have very little in the way of true vintage clothes, suits, and hats.

I don't think I have ever once come across this, but I hear about it all the time. I own few vintage pieces, especially to wear - I wear a lot of repro and vintage-inspired instead, so if anyone is thinking I'm "not vintage enough," I must not have noticed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy