Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Excited About This Suit

Sunny

One Too Many
Baron Kurtz said:
this seller seems to get some fantastic stuff. I just wish she wouldn't say things like this:

(**high-waist trousers are longer than the inseam would imply - PLEASE compare the 'overall length' measurement below to a pair of pants that fit)

She is correct, of course (is there any pair of trousers out there which are not longer than the inseam?) but i suspect that there are a whole bunch of guys walking around wearing these trousers as hip-huggers with the crotch swinging around their knees. Inseam, surely, is inseam - no matter what the outseam measures up to.

She's appears to be trying to suggest that these trousers *without any alteration* would fit someone with a longer inseam than that stated, which is patently false and cynical mis-selling since i'm sure she knows that these trousers are not worn with the modern trouser waist positioning.

bk

I suspect that she's simply not as knowledgeable as she could be. I've gotten a dress from her before (after a lot of excellent communication) and watched many of her other auctions. She really impresses me with her knowledge of women's clothing. Her listings are very clear, have good descriptions, and excellent measurements and sizing information.

Her listing for men's clothing, though, don't impress me nearly so well. Without looking at her current range of offerings or her past history, I think that she simply doesn't know as much about men's clothes. Maybe that's no excuse for not doing more research, but I don't think she's deliberately misleading buyers. Her size information is very precise for women's clothing. It's clearly a value to her that the garments fit the people who buy them.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Well, the suit arrived today ... and it's just too small for me. The size is about a 37 R. What a shame! :(

So, off to eBay it goes. My guess is that it will be won by a Japanese buyer for between $300 and $400. Hopefully more! :) The condition is absolutely pristine -- it doesn't look as if it's been used at all. Like new, period.

Some photos I took this afternoon. The suit is in fact much darker than most of my pics show -- it's jet black, with dove grey raised diagonal pinstripes:

AuctionphotosApil098.jpg

AuctionphotosApil100.jpg

AuctionphotosApil104.jpg

AuctionphotosApil103.jpg

AuctionphotosApil094.jpg

AuctionphotosApil109.jpg

AuctionphotosApil107.jpg
AuctionphotosApil111.jpg

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Sorry to hear, but.........

......at least now you don't have to worry about buttons. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic