Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Experimenting on foods.

Today, I will test a new meal on lunch, but it's nothing special.

Stomped potatoes, mixed with stomped fried-herings (supermarket). As side-dish rollmopses (supermarket).

Last edited:
Full-grain-muesli on water for lunch and I thought: Why not mixing one sachet of vanilla-sugar in it? So, I've done it and I tell you, that works! :)

If you got kids and want to make the full-grain-muesli tasty for them, you have to try. One sachet is enough.

Hercule

Practically Family
Muesli to me has always seemed like uncooked oatmeal, very dusty and raw tasting. Wouldn't even think of having it with water though, always a bit of milk and some sugar (or not with sugar depending if there's dried fruit in it, otherwise add lots of raisins).

Sultanins are included, in that standard cheap "oats-full-grain-muesli" from supermarket, of course! (rolled oats, rolled wheats, rolled ryes, sultanins, roasted hazelnuts, sunflower-kernels, coconut-flakes, flax-seeds, cornflakes, peanut-kernels, amygdalas. Good for your dental-plate. ;)

Ah, I forgot and it crosses my mind, now:
"Pizza-Gyros" or "Döner-Pizza" was a hype, here in Germany, some years ago, but the hype seems to be gone. But, it's still available.

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
My Dutch grandparents loved Rollmops. Back then it was something for old people. Now hipsters eat raw fish but they call it Sushi.

First time of my life, that I'm eating a whole (Bio)-grapefruit. Very nice! :) If it's to bitter, you are too weak! ;)

I'm surprised. Supermarket read my thoughts, on having (Bio)-grapefruits the first time, since their new opening, some weeks ago!

The supermarket-storebrand Apfelstrudel is really ok to me. First time, I´ve tested it.

Is there anyone, still making his own Apfelstrudel at home?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy