Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Explorers Club members??

Mike K.

One Too Many
Just curious as to whether anyone in the Fedora Lounge is a member of the prestigious Explorers Club. I'm a Fellow National member in the Southwest Florida Chapter.

Almost

I was a student member while at university, but never got around to doing what I needed to do to move on up to full membership. They didn't consider my exploration of the Sigma Kappa house a proper expedition, though it was one exciting and taxing adventure!;)

I did consider joining again as a Friend and working towards meeting the other requirements, but I now see that the have an opening for old Eagle Scouts like me, so who knows, maybe I will go that route eventually. I don't get the opportunity to get out and get my boots muddy as much as I used to.

Cheers,

PR

Mike K.

One Too Many
Not the 100 counties visited thing...this is a bit more formal.
You can get the details at www.explorers.org
Membership is in the league with Charles Lindbergh, Ernest Shackleton, Edmund Hillary, Neil Armstrong, and Jane Goodall.

ProperRogue, it's nice to meet up with another Eagle Scout!

Martinis at 8

Practically Family
Mike K. said:
Not the 100 counties visited thing...this is a bit more formal.
You can get the details at www.explorers.org
Membership is in the league with Charles Lindbergh, Ernest Shackleton, Edmund Hillary, Neil Armstrong, and Jane Goodall.

ProperRogue, it's nice to meet up with another Eagle Scout!

Thanks Mike. This looks interesting. I might bother you with some questions about it later on.

Cheers,

M8

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Hey, Ken, I'd have to say that your journey across Europe and North Africa would qualify you as an explorer, regardless of the criteria! Next time, schedule some research on some topic or another, and pow! you're in.

By the by, you need to empty out your mailbox! I just tried to send you a PM, but ti was rejected.

Mike K.

One Too Many
There are a few different membership categories, just check the website for details.
In a nutshell..
Fellow - actively involved in exploration/science AND publishes (i.e. contributes to science)
Member - actively involved in exploration
Friend - enjoys travel and would like to support the Club mission

Ken

A-List Customer
Thanks for that - mailbox emptied.

Just wondering what exactly I would have to do to become a member. What exactly constitutes active involvement in exploration and how does one go about getting involved?

Ken

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany