Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Faith; visualization of, and belief in attainment of desire

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
pablocham said:
considering that most of Lincsong's nonsense is taken word for word from this page...

My profanest apologies. ... ...that I too will soon amass a vast fortune.
This sort of dismissive and condescending tone toward another member is unacceptable here at The Lounge. Politely refute someone's point with another well supported point, or say nothing at all.

pablocham

One of the Regulars
My point is just that it is extremely unlikely that you, I or anybody else will suddenly grow rich by developing "Positive Mental Attitudes" and following the advice of some self-appointed expert. Further, read a couple pages of Hill and tell me that this stuff isn't silly nonsense that deserves to be made fun of.

And a question: if this stuff is so great and isn't the trite garbage it appears to be, tell me how many people, besides Hill, got rich because of his book?

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Though I was wrong about Lincsong reading Maxwell Maltz, what I read in this thread and others with a similar frame of mind from him, reminded me of Maltz and believe there is much of value in the ideas there. At different points in my life, "Psycho-Cybernetics" i.e. Mind/soul Steersman was a great help to me. See:
http://www.psycho-cybernetics.com/
In fact, I follow some of Maltz' prinicples in my ministry still, and come to think of it, I'm in a phase of my life right now where I think Lincsong has inspired me to re-visit Maltz. Thank you, Lincsong, needed your posts lately!

dean

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
pablocham said:
My point is just that it is extremely unlikely that you, I or anybody else will suddenly grow rich by developing "Positive Mental Attitudes" and following the advice of some self-appointed expert. Further, read a couple pages of Hill and tell me that this stuff isn't silly nonsense that deserves to be made fun of.

And a question: if this stuff is so great and isn't the trite garbage it appears to be, tell me how many people, besides Hill, got rich because of his book?
That's the idea; keep the focus on the material and keep it civil. No one can take issue with a friendly debate.

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
simply stated, the explanation, or definition of faith means hope in the unseen.
My faith has grown signifigantly through the years through what has taken place in my life that can only be explained by Jesus intervention.
Now, if you're talking about power of your mind over your life, absolutely. If you think stinking thoughts about yourself, your not going to accomplish all that you can. I don't agree with ALL that Dale Carnagie writes, but I do think he makes many great points. If you start out with a mind set of accomplishing something, you'll more than likely do so, whereas doubting yourself, you just not going to do as great of a job.
People ARE NOT destined for bad luck, but if you say, 'oh, nothing good ever happens to me and never will' chances are pretty dang good that unconsciously, you'll keep making horrible mistakes. NO matter how you started out in life, everyone of us has the power to make our life and ourselves better, there's no playing the victim game, there's a time to grow up and face responsibilities for our actions.

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Dean, I've never read Maxwell Maltz, but I will have to find some of his books. Thank-you for your kind posts about this weeks threads, I'm glad I was able to be a positive influence onto someone. Mysterygal, you've really hit the nail on the head.:eusa_clap

The subconscious mind makes no distinction between constructive and destructive thought impulses. It works with the material we feed it, through our thought impulses. The subconscious mind will translate into reality a thought driven by fear just as readily as it will translate into reality a thought driven by courage, or faith.:)

Just as electricity will turn the wheels of industry, and render useful service if used constructively, or snuff out life if wrongly used, so will the law of autosuggestion lead you to peace and prosperity, or down into the valley of misery, failure, and death, according to your degree of understanding and application of it.;)

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yep!

Lincsong said:
Dean, I've never read Maxwell Maltz, but I will have to find some of his books. Thank-you for your kind posts about this weeks threads, I'm glad I was able to be a positive influence onto someone. Mysterygal, you've really hit the nail on the head.:eusa_clap

The subconscious mind makes no distinction between constructive and destructive thought impulses. It works with the material we feed it, through our thought impulses. The subconscious mind will translate into reality a thought driven by fear just as readily as it will translate into reality a thought driven by courage, or faith.:)

Just as electricity will turn the wheels of industry, and render useful service if used constructively, or snuff out life if wrongly used, so will the law of autosuggestion lead you to peace and prosperity, or down into the valley of misery, failure, and death, according to your degree of understanding and application of it.;)

That's pure Science of Mind. I might recommend Ernest Holmes' book of the same name, as well as his Creative Mind and Success.

-dixon cannon

Roger

A-List Customer
pablocham said:

Having faith in ones ability to better himself, tuning out the negatives and looking for the positives hardly sounds like trite garbage. Please specify which pages you find so objectionable. I've read a couple pages and it is really good advice on ways to approach obstacles and hurdles.:eusa_clap

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
You know, I've been thinking of this quite a bit lately, and I deal with these type of issues all the time when talking to other people. Confidence can be a process but for everyone of us, it is attainable. Children born under the influence of caring, loving parents will develop this trait naturally most of the time. While the countless number of women I talk to, have had nothing but negative input which, with anyone, if you hear it long enough, you start to believe it. A person needs to learn how much value they have and the importance that they as an individual are. Self esteem and a healty set of boundaries, once attained , will not only bring confidence, but the choices made will be healthy ones and ones that bring about good and positive results/change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace