Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

False Toenails ! Any info advice from experiance etc..

Louise Anne

Suspended
At the time of writing this I know 100% nothing about False Toenails , I cannnot have nice polished finger nail 24/7 but I was suprises that they do False Toenails , there no reason why I could not have really nice toe nails.
any info would be very welcom.

C-dot

Call Me a Cab
I've tried them - I hate them. Toenails take a beating from shoes, walking, etc. and the falsies will often crack or fall off. If you have them glued on so well that they won't fall off, and they crack, they'll usually take your nail with it.

My stance here is not to bother. As you say, there is no reason why you could not have really nice toenails: Cut them short, straight across, and file them smooth; trim your cuticles, and paint them a nice colour. (You don't have to worry as much about little polish goof ups on your toes - Who is going to notice from five or six feet up? :))

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
I've used them from time to time and have to agree with C-dot - they fall off and you are forever looking down to check that they are all still present and accounted for! On one occasion I used a really strong glue (I think you use it if a false nail cracks and it glues it together) and the false nail didn't come off for weeks - as a result half my nail came off with it when it did. I would definitely steer clear of them.

If you want a lasting nail polish for your toes check out Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure - it's brilliant stuff or alternatively try Shellac - I like that on my toes but not so much on my finger nails - I think it lasts longer on toenails anyway.

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
^ First off, I don't know how the "thumbs down" got at the top of my post or how to remove it. Sorry!!! It has nothing to do with this thread, I certainly didn't put it there!

Are we talking false press-on type nails, or acrylics or gels? Since people are mentioning glue and nails falling off, I assume we're talking press-on type.

I've never used either one, but I have seen acrylic toenails done in salons. One salon I used to frequent had another client who had a small, oddly-shaped nail due to a foot surgery, and had an acrylic toenail put on for appearances. She went to get it "filled" every 2 weeks, just like regular acrylic nails. I've no experience with these, but it doesn't seem like they would hold up very well with wearing shoes.

Personally I find that my toenails hold polish much better than my fingernails. I can keep polish on my toes for up to a week with no chips, whereas I'm lucky to get 2 days out of a manicure. I think if you get regular pedicures you would be fine, and I often see men getting them in the nail salons, so it wouldn't seem unusual at all. Most salons now even offer men's pedicures on their menu, I know mine does. If I were you, I would check out some salons and get a regular pedicure, and then just buy some polishes to apply at home, unless you don't mind them doing it in the salon.

You might also look into shellac polishes - that's a colored gel that cures with UV light. They make home kits so you can do it yourself, and it lasts much longer than regular polish.

Last edited:

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
on nooo no no no no no nonoooooooooooooooo lol :behindsofa: talk about horror movies wake me up from the nightmare pleazzzzzeeeeeeee

M-E-R-C-Y !!!*yucky*

long-toe-nails.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy