Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Families of the Lounge

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
My dad Patrick with his cousin Wilhemena (Billie), Baghdad, about 1930 just before two of the Rosario families moved to England:

24627388596_57fa239ac4_c.jpg

Check cousin Billie out below at her second wedding -

Last edited:

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
July 1957 and my mother has been in Canada less than one month. Taken in Toronto, after she'd emigrated along with her sister and her family, brother and his and Grandma. The inscription on the back is as follows:

24730837226_13571716a4_c.jpg

"Netta (aka Nettie, aka Janet, my mum's sister) took this one morning before I went to work. The car belongs to the people we live with".

24730963326_ccd63e5fd1_c.jpg

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
So much to say about this one. Taken in Ontario's "cottage country" on a regular trip to a friend's parents' cottage, my mum Margaret is seen here in an inside joke photo - she was not much of a drinker, and so she was sent in to get the weekend's booze from the LCBO - Liquor Control Board of Ontario (which still exists and is still an abomination, another story). You can see bottles on the shelf through the window, which was then a new idea, as until the late 50s you went up to a counter, consulted the list book, and ordered your fiendish liquors after showing your LICENSE TO PURCHASE ALCOHOL (I recently found my father's), which was then handed to you in, yes, a plain brown bag.

You can also see of course the local Chevy dealership, and reflected in the window is an Esso gas station sign.

24129019434_79f010d2b7_c.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24