Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Families of the Lounge

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wonderful photos Big Man. My own daughters just recently had their dance recital, so I know exactly how proud you felt

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Thanks. It's quite a shock to think how fast the past 20 years have flown by. It feels like it was just yesterday it was my daughter's recital and here it is my granddaughter's recital.

I'm doing my best to ignore the passing of time. I know that 20 years will be come and gone before I can blink.

Big Man

Oh......and sweet old Ford. 66?

It's a '65 Ford Custom 500. I've been driving it since 1983. One of my aunt's bought it new in 1965, so it's a "two-owner" car.

It's the same car I drove to my daughter's recital 20 years ago, and if I have a great-granddaughter who has a dance recital 20 years from now, I plan on driving it then, too.

Big Man

I'm doing my best to ignore the passing of time. I know that 20 years will be come and gone before I can blink.

Yes, time will pass all too quickly. Those two wonderful little girls of yours will soon be all grown up.

If the truth be known, they are much easier to take care of when they are little. I'm proud of all my children, and they've all done well for themselves as adults; but I sure worry more for them now than I did when they were little children. Of course that may also be a sign of my age more than of theirs.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
My Lily had her first ballet recital a couple months ago. Yes, she's mid-yawn here. Almost as good as a bawling-on-Santa's-lap photo.

1966277_10152127341429234_395189993_o_zpsfcbd1153.jpg

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Quite the adventure last night. Somebody pulled the fire alarm just outside our apartment door. The same somebody that then proceeded to pound on our door and wake us up to inquire if a man was here that wasn't. Needless to say, it was quite a scramble to get out of the building because we weren't sure who (at that point) had pulled the alarm, and if there was an emergency. 50 neighbors in jammies huddled out in the rain wondering what to do is not my favorite way to meet everyone. Our daughter was quite traumatized by being woken up by that noise, but she was calmed down by getting her photo taken with the firefighters that came for the alarm.

10387321_10152293620749234_7198311110882710338_n_zps5edd7f79.jpg

I'm rather annoyed with the young woman's actions. I hope that the police were called and they scared her into straightening up. She was a mess (and tried to push her way into our apartment - not getting past this mama bear!!).

Big Man

This is kind of a crappy photo, but it's the only one we took of all four of us together. This is my wife and I and our son and daughter-in-law. We went out to eat tonight to the Lake Lure Inn, a 1927 vintage resort in the mountains of western NC. We thought it would be a good place to dress up a bit and enjoy a night out "in style."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo