Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Families of the Lounge

Here is a self-portrait my son, James, did a while back. I think he's a rather accomplished photographer. But then I'm just a little biased. ;)

It is an outstanding picture and I'm glad to see someone not afraid to model with a firearm. However, his trigger finger is resting on the trigger. Your trigger finger should always be outside the trigger guard unless you are actively in the process of discharging the weapon. I'm sure the weapon is either empty (hopefully!) or is a prop, but promoting gun safety is everyone's responsibility.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It is an outstanding picture and I'm glad to see someone not afraid to model with a firearm. However, his trigger finger is resting on the trigger. Your trigger finger should always be outside the trigger guard unless you are actively in the process of discharging the weapon. I'm sure the weapon is either empty (hopefully!) or is a prop, but promoting gun safety is everyone's responsibility.

There's never been a "prop" gun in our family ! :)

This shot James set up is a recreated pose from a photo of one of his great-great uncles taken around 1900. We all know about "trigger finger placement", but to accurately recreate the photo, this is what it took.

Thank you for clarifying. Although it may have been acceptable back then (per your post), placing your finger in the trigger guard now is a modern day firearm safety no-no as you and I both know. I just wanted to make sure everyone else knows that. I know someone who was accidently shot by an "unloaded 410 shotgun" (single shot no less) so gun safety is really big on my mind at all times. It is a really nice picture though.

There's never been a "prop" gun in our family ! :)

This shot James set up is a recreated pose from a photo of one of his great-great uncles taken around 1900. We all know about "trigger finger placement", but to accurately recreate the photo, this is what it took.

I was wondering what inspired the picture - great background info.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
My cousin sent Lily a dress she made for her. She loves it!

20150707_071045-1_zpssdqziqdq.jpg

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Lily got to visit this afternoon with her great grandma Lillian. They love each other so much! Was very sweet to hear my little one say that she loved getting to visit Grandma. Such good memories.

20150715_162537-1_zpsglidsq7n.jpg

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
One of the other ladies asked if Lily was going to kiss her goodbye, too. Awkward and heartbreaking at the same time. They love when little kids visit. Perks them up. And Lily is such a sweet girl to them. Even the nurses were stopping in to meet Lily.

(Really cool, and totally unplanned: Hubby's uncle, whom I adore was visiting Grandma when we arrived, and about 30 minutes after he left one of Hubby's aunts showed up to visit. We stayed for almost 3 hours because Grandma was in such good spirits. We'd been warned of her declining health, so it warmed my heart to see Lily crawl up in Grandma's lap and love on her a bit.)

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
One of the other ladies asked if Lily was going to kiss her goodbye, too. Awkward and heartbreaking at the same time. They love when little kids visit. Perks them up. And Lily is such a sweet girl to them. Even the nurses were stopping in to meet Lily.

(Really cool, and totally unplanned: Hubby's uncle, whom I adore was visiting Grandma when we arrived, and about 30 minutes after he left one of Hubby's aunts showed up to visit. We stayed for almost 3 hours because Grandma was in such good spirits. We'd been warned of her declining health, so it warmed my heart to see Lily crawl up in Grandma's lap and love on her a bit.)

Visit as often and as long as possible. The connection to parents, grandparents, and great grandparents is, to me at least, so very important.

I had one great grandparent who was living when I was born, and I have the vaguest of vague memories of him (I was very, very young when he died); but I do have some memory, and that small memory is priceless. My great grandfather Dobson lost a leg in a train accident. The only memory I have of him is sitting on his lap in the yard and hitting on his wooden leg with a little rubber mallet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24