Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Families of the Lounge

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
A522B2FC-12AA-4D7D-991A-49CBCE2B3561.jpeg
My youngest son Ian wearing one of my hats.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You look amazing Big Man! so vintage !!!!!! thank you for posting

you are blessed with a very nice family, like so many are here in this Forum!

Thanks, Hadley H1.

As a bit of inside information on this photo; my Dad was Principal of the school where my granddaughter goes (and where my son went, and where I went) from 1949 until his retirement in 1979. In honor to my Dad's memory, whenever I visit the school for a program like this, I always wear my Dad's necktie, tie clip, and watch that he wore when he was there. I have a photo from the 1965 yearbook that shows my Dad wearing the same tie that I have on in today's photo.

Big Man

I had a funny thing happen to me when I visited my granddaughter's school yesterday. As I came in the school to go to my granddaughter's second grade program, there was a little girl sitting in a chair beside the office door. The little girl looked up at me and said, "I know you, you're Mackenna's Daddy."

I don't recall ever seeing this little girl before, but she sure did know me and associated me with my granddaughter. I smiled when I thought about someone my age (62) having a daughter in the second grade.

I politely corrected her and said, "Mackenna is my granddaughter." The little girl, never batting an eye, said, "you always come to her programs so I know you're her daddy."

That made me smile.

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
I smiled when I thought about someone my age (62) having a daughter in the second grade.

I politely corrected her and said, "Mackenna is my granddaughter." The little girl, never batting an eye, said, "you always come to her programs so I know you're her daddy."

That made me smile.

Your post made me smile. I’ve had it just the opposite though. I had a coworker ask me about my Grandchild, I replied that’s my son with a smile. I’m 50 and our youngest son Ian will turn 6 in July. :) I’m loving every minute of being a more “mature” Dad. There is
18 years between our oldest son and our youngest with our daughter in the middle. She just turned 20. Nothing better than being a parent!

Steven

Big Man

Your post made me smile. I’ve had it just the opposite though. I had a coworker ask me about my Grandchild, I replied that’s my son with a smile. I’m 50 and our youngest son Ian will turn 6 in July. :) I’m loving every minute of being a more “mature” Dad. There is
18 years between our oldest son and our youngest with our daughter in the middle. She just turned 20. Nothing better than being a parent!

Steven

I have four children, with the oldest soon to turn 40 and the youngest being 23, so I know a little bit about having a "spread" in children's ages. There is something to be said about being a more "mature" parent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner