Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fantasy of Flight

Fibber Mcgee

New in Town
We are about to lose a great place to see WWII era planes. Fantasy of Flight will be closing in early April. Try to get there if you can before it closes. They have a lot of WWII plane including a P51 that is flown for flight displays and a B17 that you can walk through. Also a B29 and P38 being restored.

Fibber Mcgee

New in Town
The owner was there the day we went and he kept talking of being more like Disney. I thought he would be better off pushing the history and not the fantasy part.But what do I know. Could you imagine an immersive WWII environment.

Otter

One Too Many
Thought they were doing quite well along those lines already! The WW1 trenches were good and the walk through B17 was great, even down to the sights on the .50 cal waist guns.
For some reason I just could not get my camera to work at the waist gun positions, 10 ft up or down, fine, just not there, spooky!
Oh, and the Halloween tour they do isd excellent.

p51

One Too Many
The problem with the place is that it's way out in the boonies, only someone driving between Tampa and Orlando ever come close to the place. That's how I saw it, and I agree it was a good place to look around in.
It's not closing as such, only not open daily as a tourist operation. It'll still be there for other events and such. And I'm sure it'll be back someday as a daily operation once they get an idea how they want to modify the place...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoEllis