Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Far From Heaven

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
One of my favourite modern movies based on a 1950's era story. The cinematography and colouration is wonderful and gives you that 'feel good' factor. Which in juxaposing with the storyline, actually takes you unawares and makes the storyline even more hard hitting as it battles with the 'perfect images' of 1950's white picket fence America.
I just adore Elmer Bersteins' music score (you will hear a little bit of it if you watch the short clip below).
Don't worry about the story being spoiled with this clip, it won't be!! trust me.

If you have the chance, rent it out, it's a wonderful movie ;)

SW- Glad you like Bernsteins' score too :) Safe journey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2ozE_k5XUU

texasgirl

One Too Many
Oh this is just a beautiful film! The colors are so lovely, very autumnal- this would be a great time of year to see it again.

FROM IMDB:
Cinematographer Edward Lachman created the 1950s "look" by using the same type of lighting equipment (incandescent), the same lighting techniques, and the same type of lens filters when shooting this film, as would have been used on a 1950s era melodrama.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Somehow I missed this one when it was in the theater and I just saw it this summer. Really well done.

I thought Dennis Quaid was especially good (and Patricia Clarkson was perfection as the bitchy neighbor). The clothes were extremely pleasing too.

And you're right Paddy--I loved the Elmer Bernstein score. I thought it was vital to making the film work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou