Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Farewell Jane Wyman

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
She was 93.

After arriving in Hollywood from St. Louis, Mo., in the mid-1930s, Wyman learned her craft as a contract player before getting a crack at the major roles that would secure her reputation as a star. She won an Oscar playing a deaf-mute rape victim in 1949's "Johnny Belinda" and was nominated for her performances in "The Yearling" (1946), "The Blue Veil" (1951) and "Magnificent Obsession" (1954).

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-me-wyman11sep11,0,2366439.story?coll=la-home-center

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
Rest In Peace, Jane Wyman.....I remember her very well from her "Falcon Crest" days during the Reagan Administration......I remember too the headlines here in the states when her salary for that show was higher than that of her former husband, who was then the sitting President of the United States.

I had respect for her, she never uttered an unkind word about President Reagan to the press.....Here is a quote of a statement she made at the time of President Reagan's death in 2004:

"America has lost a great president and a great, kind and gentle man."

A class act from the tail end of the Golden Era of Hollywood........May she rest in peace.

Bebop

Practically Family
One of my favorites. To loosely quote Jane Wyman when asked what she thought of Ronald Reagan getting into politics before he ever did, "if Ron wants to go into politics, he will be going without me. I want nothing to do with slime." lol Yet she never said a negative word about anything while he was in office. A lady and a classy one at that.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Head's up, TCM is doing a farewell tribute to the great lady this Friday, the 14th.

I haven't seen too many of her movies, but I liked what I saw, and I thought she was great! May she rest in peace.

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
Here is the TCM schedule:

Friday, September 14 (all times ET)

6:00 AM The Doughgirls ('44)
7:45 AM The Lost Weekend ('45)
9:30 AM Cheyenne ('47)
11:15 AM Johnny Belinda ('48)
1:00 PM The Lady Takes a Sailor ('49)
2:45 PM A Kiss in the Dark ('49)
4:15 PM Here Comes the Groom ('51)
6:15 PM Let's Do It Again ('53)

Mad Molly

New in Town
BJBAmerica said:
Here is the TCM schedule:

Friday, September 14 (all times ET)

6:00 AM The Doughgirls ('44)
7:45 AM The Lost Weekend ('45)
9:30 AM Cheyenne ('47)
11:15 AM Johnny Belinda ('48)
1:00 PM The Lady Takes a Sailor ('49)
2:45 PM A Kiss in the Dark ('49)
4:15 PM Here Comes the Groom ('51)
6:15 PM Let's Do It Again ('53)

Thanks for that heads-up. I will definitely be tuning in.

A class act and a great actress!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo