Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Father Brown

esteban68

Call Me a Cab
Has anyone seen the BCC1 murder/mystery Father Brown based on the books by G.K Chesterton? ....I caught an episode today as I had an early finish from work...set in rural England(Cotswolds) in the 1950's it's a half decent show with some excellent clothes both male and female decent acting and today's episode was titled ' The Laws of Motion' and included some excellent period hillclimbing scenes with some great cars...might be worth catching it if you can?

Last edited:

vintage.vendeuse

A-List Customer
I've been enjoying this series as it's shown (sporadically) here in the US. Lovely scenery and, of course, I like to see the clothing!

PHIL1959

One of the Regulars
Yes its a well made show with high production values. what puzzles me is its being broadcast early afternoon?
thank goodness for these new fan dangled recording devices!

ChrisT

One of the Regulars
You tease me.
I will try to have a look on some episodes, but here in France we must wait much time before seeing English series

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Has anyone seen the BCC1 murder/mystery Father Brown based on the books by G.K Chesterton? ....

I enjoy Chesterton-his Orthodoxy in particular; however his more 'secular' literary pursuit with the padre less so.
Still, will give the series a look when and if. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany