Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FAVORITE WILD ANIMAL

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Allright we like out pet kitties and pooches but how about animals in the wild kingdom- what is you favorite? I like all the wild cats but probably admire the tiger most of all.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Giant Pandas. They never bother anyone, they mind their own business, their favorite thing to do all day is eat and sleep, and they make piles of money from licensed merchandise. If any creature has ever learned to beat the system, it's them.

feed07.jpg

The Sidney Greenstreet of Bears

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Panthera tigris virgata

This is a fabulous animal - sad that it is gone I will celebrate the day should it be re-discovered!!!!!!!

Also the other tiger subspecies - seeing the Sumatran Tiger in the Zoo was a great event for me.

Leopards - yes, especially amur leopards.

I freak out when I see Lions coming close to the Barbary type-dark black mane.

As a 10-12 years old boy my favourite was the Sumatran Rhino(?)[huh] So cute!

Until 17-18 I have been a FREAK of animals - afterwards this obsession diversified.

S

Samsa

I don't think I could single out a particular animal, but I've always been fascinated by deep sea fish in general.

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Siegfried & Roy resolved

So many fellow tiger lovers? – Now I know why this duo hasn’t opted for albino mice as mascot:p

Gilbey

One of the Regulars
My favorite one would be a green sea turtle. I've always loved turtles and had always had them as pets before: such as the red eared slider or the box turtle. But for a real wild one, the green sea turtle would be for me. They're awesome.

432.jpg

Nashoba

One Too Many
Hemingway: I'm a Native American Dancer (Jingle Dress actually) and my dance fan is made from the tail feathers of a Red Tail Hawk. It was a beautiful bird that was a rescue who died in captivity. The entire bird was gifted to us by dear friends who are no longer with us. We used every part of that hawk for my and my husband's outfits. I feel so honored every time I dance to have that bird with me. They are just such majestic and intelligent creatures. I draw so much strength from that when I dance and I never forget to offer up a prayer to that hawk and to the memory of the people who gave him to me.

My favorite animal however is of course my namesake :) Nashoba is the Choctaw word for Wolf, and they are by far my favorite. I've always had a special connection with the wolf too deep and complex to explain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats