Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fed iv and Adventurer

daddy0d0

A-List Customer
Can someone tell me, is the Akubra Fed iv and the Adventurer the same hat?
I recently saw a picture of both side by side with the same bash and darn if I can tell the difference.
Thanks
Daddy0d0/Gregg

RJR

Can someone tell me, is the Akubra Fed iv and the Adventurer the same hat?
I recently saw a picture of both side by side with the same bash and darn if I can tell the difference.
Thanks
Daddy0d0/Gregg
No,they are different.In fact there are two versions of the Adventurer.One is from David Morgan,I am not sure where the other is from.

Obsessed

One of the Regulars
Others will know better than I do, but I think the Adventurer sold by David Morgan has a slightly wider brim than the Fed IV and comes with the brim already turned down in both the front and back.

The Adventurwr sold by the Aaudtralian retailers is a different hat

Last edited:

RJR

I have the Morgan Adventurer and found that I didn't like the brim dimensions.I trimmed it to 2 5/8" and changed out the ribbon to one of my liking.
Hat-Akubra DM Adventurer-2.jpg

Mm25

One Too Many
I am always amazed at how some minor tweaking can really change the whole look of a hat. Looks good RJR!

Obsessed

One of the Regulars
It's interesting how whoever makes the decisions at David Morgan seems to prefer wider brims for their exclusive model hats. The Adventurer has a wider brim than the similar Fed IV, and the Bushman has a wider brim than the similar Campdraft.

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
No,they are different.In fact there are two versions of the Adventurer.One is from David Morgan,I am not sure where the other is from.

There is the DM Adventurer which is similar to the Fed IV and there is an Adventurer which is available from various Aussie sources. This one like a Coober Pedy with a dimensional brim. Do not make the mistake in thinking that both Adventurers are the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot