Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Lounge Edition {Everything Australian } Akubra Camp Draft 2 5/8s brim

Duper

Practically Family
Well here's a few photographs of my new FL CD. This is my first crack at a teardrop bash and I realize it needs some fine tuning still.

The pinch looks like it's not centred on my head but it is in fact the hat that is crooked. I didn't have a chance to look in the mirror before my colleague shot the pictures.

Enjoy!

DSC_0026_zpsdb9b8f3f.jpg

Hey ottawa_adam, I imagine I will be wandering down the street some day here in Ottawa and will look up and recognize both the guy and the hat.

I hope mine looks as good.

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
My hat should be here any day now. I've been watching for it since we've had all of this rain and high winds. It's 6 degrees out now! I hate Illinois. Our weather sucks, all of our Govs go to prison and we are broke. Did I mention that we are the only state without a conceal carry law (even though the Supreme Court has spoken). At least the have not outlawed fedoras yet but we do have to pay sales tax on Internet purchases. Welcome to Illinois Comrades!

Sorry about the rant but hey, you guys listen so well!

Ok, who had a hat show up in the mail today? We need a video or picture tutorial of the box being received , opened and the virgin hat being removed for that first "fitting."

XB234C

New in Town
Greetings! I am new here and didn't want to backread 37 pages to see if the answer to my question is contained within the previous pages. I am thinking about getting an Akubra since Christy's just folded and am looking at the Fed IV in Carbon Grey. Does anyone else have one? The pic they have in stock looks almost black. If that is the case, I will go Moonstone Grey. I am paranoid all the great hat makers are going to fold in this economy (Miller's Hats went belly up also this year) and want to get a durable long lasting hat before all that is left for fedora choices is Target. Thanks.

Greetings! I am new here and didn't want to backread 37 pages to see if the answer to my question is contained within the previous pages. I am thinking about getting an Akubra since Christy's just folded and am looking at the Fed IV in Carbon Grey. Does anyone else have one? The pic they have in stock looks almost black. If that is the case, I will go Moonstone Grey. I am paranoid all the great hat makers are going to fold in this economy (Miller's Hats went belly up also this year) and want to get a durable long lasting hat before all that is left for fedora choices is Target. Thanks.

Welcome to the Lounge.
There is a thread dedicated to Fed4. http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?37835-I-love-the-Fed-IV!!&highlight=Love+Fed+IV
This one is about a specific run of Akubra Campdrafts that was put together for members here.
You'll get more eyes on your question using that thread or Akubra Overload than this one....

Last edited:

XB234C

New in Town

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
Terry........what height do you think the front be?
Tom Dean is the expert (along with others here) but I would say the max you can make it with a 5 or 5 1/2 height. I like a lot of slope from front to back but I'm still intrigued by the straight top pictures above. It's got a unique "Ness" type quality about it. I just sent my Biltmore OR to Tom for him to put a nice "c" bash in it for me. Tom does a nice slope and works for good quality cigars. If I sent him a Swisher Sweet I'd probably end up looking like a cross between Kid Rock and Roy Rogers LOL! I'm gonna try a center dent on my new Akubra as soon as it gets here. My Playboy has a really cool sloppy center dent in it that I really love.

Grizzly Adams

A-List Customer
Picked mine up at the PO on the fly this AM. Will report when I get home.

Well, unpacked this bad boy! I really like the color and overall dimensions of this hat. Nice felt, though a bit stiffer than most of my vintage hats. I do hope this puppy shrinks up about a half size or I am going to have to grow a wider set of ears!:eusa_doh: Put a little bit of padding under the sweat, and it is better. Takes a dry bash very well, but I have not settled on what I want. So far, my wife likes the "open road" bash best.:eeek: Who knows - it's all part of the adventure. Great hat!

J.B.

Practically Family
heh. Lucked out and caught the postman this morning! (Eight days transit time.) :plane:

Really nice color. Usual Akubra "feel." Solid but not obnoxious. Ribbon and bow have a real nice look, too -- the ribbon might have an extra ligne or two more than the usual TARs that I own?! :cool:

I'm fiddling around with the hat now, but will probably end up with either a Jack O' Diamonds or an Alpine crease?! Still mulling it over...

Thanks Duper & Sam! :cheer2:

samlark

New in Town
You guys are so lucky. Fingers crossed for Saturday. Otherwise, it's a long wait through the weekend. At least.

-- Sammy

Landman

One Too Many
I received mine yesterday. Very nice hat! The first thing I noticed when I opened the box was the brim looked very short to me. I thought it was just because I'm used to 2 3/4" brims but then I measured it. The brim on mine is 2 1/2". I'm not complaining and actually like it. I also really like the gold liner. I put a teardrop crease in it and it looks great. I'll try to take some pictures later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24