Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora wearers and rude behavior

Within the last 6 months, have you noticed fedora wearers to be a bit ruder

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• No change

• Why, Senator Jack, you're about the rudest person I know.

• Total voters
Strider said:
Lots of people didn't see it. If you didn't see it, does that mean it didn't happen?

Well, we aren't talking about those people.

So that's what...a civil way of calling me a liar?

Oh, I won't be! So don't worry about it.

Again with the: "Well I..."

We're not talking about you, remember? We're talking about RUDE people. ;)

I didn't say you were lying I just find it hard to believe since I met so many wonderful people there. [huh] I am sorry you feel that way and aren't going to be there this year. I assure you that whoever you encountered is not representative of the great majority of us. [angel]
I am glad I don't fit in the rude category but then again, I did rate John Wayne on that leading man test with only 4% friendly. :p

Regards,

J

Air Boss

Familiar Face
Actually, I have no way of knowing if you are rude or not. I don't know more than a hand full of folks who wear hats (backwards baseballs caps on teenagers and 40-somehtings don't count) so I can't say. However, living in the Northeast it seems rude is a way of life (sigh).

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Off the FLounge I am the only fedora wearer I know, and I am extremely rude. I try not to be, and I often don't see it myself... [huh] :rolleyes: :eek:

There is a decade's worth of new years resolutions gone to waste on it.

ClassicIsBetter

One of the Regulars
Storing your Fedora

jamespowers said:
IN short no. They only last so long and then you don't know when to replace them because they don't shrink like a mothball. The other bad part is mentioned by that great monkey trainer Hem. :p ;)

Regards,

J

I came across this website while searching for a solution. Though it is not related to fedoras, it is relevant. The article, at the bottom, mentions to replace cedar chips every 3 months. Also, keeping it in an air tight container. The Target near me has snap-on, air tight containers that kind of look like the hat boxes from Christy's. Not sure if keeping a fedora in an air tight container is safe though, I know nothing of fedoras and do not own one yet. Here is the article: http://www.ehow.com/how_18116_store-winter-clothes.html

Hope that helps, for whatever it's worth.

McPeppers

One of the Regulars
Marc Chevalier said:
Actually, that raises a question: do cedar chips work with felt hats?

To keep the moths away I've had my closet lined with lavender. Seems to work mighty well and at least my hats dont smell like death...erm mothballs ^_-. Sure the smell is more feminine than cedar but *shrugs* Aint nuthin wrong with having to smell that all day lol.

Then again maybe I should try blending it with Cedar ^_- might smell interesting.

McPeppers

One of the Regulars
Lol, but I still dont like the concept of exposing my suits and hat to what is essentially poison lol.

Thank god for lavender...cedar... and the Bug Zapper lol Tzzzzap!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou